I'm 31 and austrian. I have already been to Ireland twice. I have stayed in Wexford for about three weeks in 2003, and travelled the south west with my sister in 2008, my sister owns a driving license but I don't, thats why I will rely on public transportation.
Now, I want to see the north/west. I am planning on starting in Dublin, then heading to Galway, then up north, along the coast (or at least nearby) and then towards Derry and Belfast and back to Dublin ( I'm not sure, if I'm going to go the other way around until now...).
Anyways, I'm travelling alone, rely on public transportation. I think I pretty much know what I'm expecting, the weather, the people. Though I have a few uncertainties depending public transportation and travelling all by myself ( this is going to be my first time all on my own..).
Does anyone have experience on a) travelling Ireland alone b) alone on public transportations c) public transportation in september/october???
It would really be great if you share your experiences and thoughts with me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 4 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 5 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 6 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 7 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 8 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 9 European Championship
- 10 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 11 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 12 fear of driving in rome!
- 13 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 14 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 15 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 16 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 17 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 18 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 19 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 20 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 21 Italy trains question
- 22 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 23 Trains France/Switzerland
- 24 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 25 Driving through the Pyrenees
Backpacking in Ireland, public transport only, september/october 2013