I'm 31 and austrian. I have already been to Ireland twice. I have stayed in Wexford for about three weeks in 2003, and travelled the south west with my sister in 2008, my sister owns a driving license but I don't, thats why I will rely on public transportation.
Now, I want to see the north/west. I am planning on starting in Dublin, then heading to Galway, then up north, along the coast (or at least nearby) and then towards Derry and Belfast and back to Dublin ( I'm not sure, if I'm going to go the other way around until now...).
Anyways, I'm travelling alone, rely on public transportation. I think I pretty much know what I'm expecting, the weather, the people. Though I have a few uncertainties depending public transportation and travelling all by myself ( this is going to be my first time all on my own..).
Does anyone have experience on a) travelling Ireland alone b) alone on public transportations c) public transportation in september/october???
It would really be great if you share your experiences and thoughts with me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 GALAXY: AOL recovery MAIL Contact ☎ 1855/999/8045 AOL ONLY.
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 9 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 10 Iceland trip report!
- 11 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 12 Paris for children
- 13 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 14 Naples + Walking Tour
- 15 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 16 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 17 Need hotel in Athens
- 18 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 19 Avoid Europcar!
- 20 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 21 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 23 Train / Calabria
- 24 Scotland - We're Here!
- 25 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
Backpacking in Ireland, public transport only, september/october 2013