I'm 31 and austrian. I have already been to Ireland twice. I have stayed in Wexford for about three weeks in 2003, and travelled the south west with my sister in 2008, my sister owns a driving license but I don't, thats why I will rely on public transportation.
Now, I want to see the north/west. I am planning on starting in Dublin, then heading to Galway, then up north, along the coast (or at least nearby) and then towards Derry and Belfast and back to Dublin ( I'm not sure, if I'm going to go the other way around until now...).
Anyways, I'm travelling alone, rely on public transportation. I think I pretty much know what I'm expecting, the weather, the people. Though I have a few uncertainties depending public transportation and travelling all by myself ( this is going to be my first time all on my own..).
Does anyone have experience on a) travelling Ireland alone b) alone on public transportations c) public transportation in september/october???
It would really be great if you share your experiences and thoughts with me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guides - Matera
- 2 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 3 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 4 Spain Itinerary Help
- 5 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 6 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 7 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 8 cell phone companys
- 9 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 10 French lavender and cottages
- 11 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 12 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 13 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 14 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 15 Barcelona completely overrated
- 16 Beaches in Southern France
- 17 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 18 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 19 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 20 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 21 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 22 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 23 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 24 3 days to spend in europe
- 25 Local markets in Italy
Backpacking in Ireland, public transport only, september/october 2013