I'm 31 and austrian. I have already been to Ireland twice. I have stayed in Wexford for about three weeks in 2003, and travelled the south west with my sister in 2008, my sister owns a driving license but I don't, thats why I will rely on public transportation.
Now, I want to see the north/west. I am planning on starting in Dublin, then heading to Galway, then up north, along the coast (or at least nearby) and then towards Derry and Belfast and back to Dublin ( I'm not sure, if I'm going to go the other way around until now...).
Anyways, I'm travelling alone, rely on public transportation. I think I pretty much know what I'm expecting, the weather, the people. Though I have a few uncertainties depending public transportation and travelling all by myself ( this is going to be my first time all on my own..).
Does anyone have experience on a) travelling Ireland alone b) alone on public transportations c) public transportation in september/october???
It would really be great if you share your experiences and thoughts with me!
Backpacking in Ireland, public transport only, september/october 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 year olds in Europe
- 2 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 3 Normandy and Loire
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 6 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 Pyrenees logistics
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 13 Portugal Trip
- 14 HELP people from DONBASS!
- 15 history museums or locations
- 16 One week in Spain, late May
- 17 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 18 Northern Europe in April-May
- 19 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 20 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 23 malta
- 24 First time Ireland trip
- 25 Iwango went…to Nice