I'm 31 and austrian. I have already been to Ireland twice. I have stayed in Wexford for about three weeks in 2003, and travelled the south west with my sister in 2008, my sister owns a driving license but I don't, thats why I will rely on public transportation.
Now, I want to see the north/west. I am planning on starting in Dublin, then heading to Galway, then up north, along the coast (or at least nearby) and then towards Derry and Belfast and back to Dublin ( I'm not sure, if I'm going to go the other way around until now...).
Anyways, I'm travelling alone, rely on public transportation. I think I pretty much know what I'm expecting, the weather, the people. Though I have a few uncertainties depending public transportation and travelling all by myself ( this is going to be my first time all on my own..).
Does anyone have experience on a) travelling Ireland alone b) alone on public transportations c) public transportation in september/october???
It would really be great if you share your experiences and thoughts with me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Paris Metro
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 A good book!!
- 10 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 11 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 CDG airport and connection time
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 20 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 21 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 22 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 23 getting to CDG
- 24 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 25 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
Backpacking in Ireland, public transport only, september/october 2013