I'm 31 and austrian. I have already been to Ireland twice. I have stayed in Wexford for about three weeks in 2003, and travelled the south west with my sister in 2008, my sister owns a driving license but I don't, thats why I will rely on public transportation.
Now, I want to see the north/west. I am planning on starting in Dublin, then heading to Galway, then up north, along the coast (or at least nearby) and then towards Derry and Belfast and back to Dublin ( I'm not sure, if I'm going to go the other way around until now...).
Anyways, I'm travelling alone, rely on public transportation. I think I pretty much know what I'm expecting, the weather, the people. Though I have a few uncertainties depending public transportation and travelling all by myself ( this is going to be my first time all on my own..).
Does anyone have experience on a) travelling Ireland alone b) alone on public transportations c) public transportation in september/october???
It would really be great if you share your experiences and thoughts with me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 2 Road Trip: Munich, Germany to Northern Italy
- 3 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 4 Our Next Europe Trip
- 5 too many London hotels!
- 6 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought
- 7 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 8 Spain in February or March
- 9 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 10 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 11 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 12 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 13 No cars/taxis in Paris...at all....9/27
- 14 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 15 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 16 Cornwall and Germany
- 17 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 18 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 19 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 20 2015 Flight Prices
- 21 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 22 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 23 Bringing home a bottle of scotch
- 24 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 25 Train/Subway Questions
Backpacking in Ireland, public transport only, september/october 2013