3 friends and I are about to embark on a 6 and a half week trip to Europe. We will be departing in early July and will return in late August. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. We all are 20-21 years old. Below I have included a rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
Madrid 7-8 july
San sebastian 8-10 july
Paris 11-13 july
Copenhagen 13-16 july
Berlin 16-19 july
Amsterdam/rotterdam 20-23 july
Belgica 23-25 july (just for 1 day in tomorrowland)
Interlaken 25-28 july
Munich or Milan, what do you recommend? 28-31 july
Praga 31-3 july-august
Budapest 3-5 august
Slovenia 5-7 august
Hvar/split 7-11 august
Roma 11-12 august
Mykonos 12-16 august
Ios Greece 16-18 august
Barcelona 18-21 august
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 2 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 3 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 7 Pay attention to your watches !
- 8 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 9 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Christmas Day in Granada
- 14 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 15 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 16 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 17 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 Zurich to Milan trip
- 20 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 25 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine