3 friends and I are about to embark on a 6 and a half week trip to Europe. We will be departing in early July and will return in late August. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. We all are 20-21 years old. Below I have included a rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
Madrid 7-8 july
San sebastian 8-10 july
Paris 11-13 july
Copenhagen 13-16 july
Berlin 16-19 july
Amsterdam/rotterdam 20-23 july
Belgica 23-25 july (just for 1 day in tomorrowland)
Interlaken 25-28 july
Munich or Milan, what do you recommend? 28-31 july
Praga 31-3 july-august
Budapest 3-5 august
Slovenia 5-7 august
Hvar/split 7-11 august
Roma 11-12 august
Mykonos 12-16 august
Ios Greece 16-18 august
Barcelona 18-21 august
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 2 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 6 Itinerary Tweaking
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 16 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 17 Sicily
- 18 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Car rental from Barcelona
- 22 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Need help with itinerary & trains