Hello! My friend and I are graduating college early to backpack through Europe during March and April, 2015, before we start grad school the following Fall. Is this a good idea or would we be better off backpacking closer to summer? This is a rough itinerary: Ireland for one week (we want to experience St. Patty's day in Ireland),Spain for one week, Italy for three weeks (Experience Easter at the Vatican), Germany for one week, and then go back home. .We were planning on buying a round trip ticket from the U.S. to Ireland and back to the U.S. We also plan on getting a Eurail ticket to travel. Neither of us have ever backpacked or been to Europe before so any advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated!! My biggest concern is if this time of year isn't going to have great weather or if there's not going to be a lot of tourist attractions and events taking place since this isn't the busy tourist time of year.. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Backpacking Europe Questions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Useful website for France
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 7 SIM card for eastern europe
- 8 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 London visit
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 22 No points in Paris .....
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 25 Three days in Spain