Hello! My friend and I are graduating college early to backpack through Europe during March and April, 2015, before we start grad school the following Fall. Is this a good idea or would we be better off backpacking closer to summer? This is a rough itinerary: Ireland for one week (we want to experience St. Patty's day in Ireland),Spain for one week, Italy for three weeks (Experience Easter at the Vatican), Germany for one week, and then go back home. .We were planning on buying a round trip ticket from the U.S. to Ireland and back to the U.S. We also plan on getting a Eurail ticket to travel. Neither of us have ever backpacked or been to Europe before so any advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated!! My biggest concern is if this time of year isn't going to have great weather or if there's not going to be a lot of tourist attractions and events taking place since this isn't the busy tourist time of year.. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Backpacking Europe Questions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 3 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 4 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 5 hotels in Seville
- 6 Sicily Suggetions
- 7 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 8 car rental companies Italy
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 12 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 13 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 14 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 15 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 20 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 21 Paris in April?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt