Hello! My friend and I are graduating college early to backpack through Europe during March and April, 2015, before we start grad school the following Fall. Is this a good idea or would we be better off backpacking closer to summer? This is a rough itinerary: Ireland for one week (we want to experience St. Patty's day in Ireland),Spain for one week, Italy for three weeks (Experience Easter at the Vatican), Germany for one week, and then go back home. .We were planning on buying a round trip ticket from the U.S. to Ireland and back to the U.S. We also plan on getting a Eurail ticket to travel. Neither of us have ever backpacked or been to Europe before so any advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated!! My biggest concern is if this time of year isn't going to have great weather or if there's not going to be a lot of tourist attractions and events taking place since this isn't the busy tourist time of year.. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Backpacking Europe Questions!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 5 Paris in April?
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 10 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 11 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 14 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 15 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 16 Augsburg with kids
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 He said , she said
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 23 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 24 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 25 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help