This message consists of:
My travel plans, questions on whether to by a Eurorail pass or flights, and questions on proper attire for winter in Europe
I am an American planning on traveling through all parts of Europe from December 26th to mid-February. I will start my journey in Lisbon with my girlfriend, and travel through Spain and France. Those are my initial plans, and I hope to do this within 2 weeks. After the two, I have no idea where I'm going or what I'll be doing.
I need help deciding whether to by a Eurorail pass or to plan to just by airplane tickets. If I were to do the latter, I am afraid of needing to pay check-in bag fees. This brings me to my next question: for a month and a half of traveling, what size backpack should I purchase? I was looking to by a 55 liter, but my friend will let me borrow his larger 85 liter. Should I borrow his backpack, or is it too big?
Finally, what shoes should I bring along? I was thinking water-proof hiking boots and a pair of sneakers. What are your thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona