This message consists of:
My travel plans, questions on whether to by a Eurorail pass or flights, and questions on proper attire for winter in Europe
I am an American planning on traveling through all parts of Europe from December 26th to mid-February. I will start my journey in Lisbon with my girlfriend, and travel through Spain and France. Those are my initial plans, and I hope to do this within 2 weeks. After the two, I have no idea where I'm going or what I'll be doing.
I need help deciding whether to by a Eurorail pass or to plan to just by airplane tickets. If I were to do the latter, I am afraid of needing to pay check-in bag fees. This brings me to my next question: for a month and a half of traveling, what size backpack should I purchase? I was looking to by a 55 liter, but my friend will let me borrow his larger 85 liter. Should I borrow his backpack, or is it too big?
Finally, what shoes should I bring along? I was thinking water-proof hiking boots and a pair of sneakers. What are your thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 3 Lake Como,Italy
- 4 Europe for Beginners
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Paris to Bordeaux
- 7 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 8 13 nights in switzerland
- 9 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Getting around London
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 WWI sites
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 23 Paris in August
- 24 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris