I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love spells Call Mubaraka sheik +27787609980- Pretoria, Gautengs
- 2 Walking itinerary in England?
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 First time in Bulgaria
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 Cambridge in May
- 11 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 15 Madrid/Lisbon
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Greek fuel cost
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 21 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 Day trips from Florence
- 24 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 25 May get together in Paris
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland