I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 4 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 5 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 8 Sundays in Puglia
- 9 K-Day
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 19 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Lay over time
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland