I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baby Milk
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 7 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 15 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 16 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 20 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland