I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Venice - trips
- 2 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 3 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 4 Scotland
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 10 Itinerary Help!
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 18 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 23 Day trip on the Rhine
- 24 poland to switzerland
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside