I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland
- 1 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 7 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 8 Overnight stopover in London!
- 9 Walking around Barcelona??
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 12 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 13 Novels set in Greece
- 14 Spain and Portugal
- 15 Three for the road
- 16 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 A very bad experience with Rentalcars
- 25 Question-- York & North York Moors