I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Madrird and Seville
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ludwig Castles
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Lake Como AREA questions
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Spain - day driver advice
- 25 London with Teens Trip Report
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland