I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 3 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 4 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 5 Greek Island honeymoon
- 6 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 7 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 8 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 9 Tuscany: best day trips/tours - cooking classes, wines tours, other...
- 10 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 11 Transportation in Paris
- 12 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 13 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 14 2 for 1 tickets
- 15 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 16 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 17 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 18 Split to Venice. Help!
- 19 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 20 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 21 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 24 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 25 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...