I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 One week in Spain, late May
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 6 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 7 history museums or locations
- 8 Normandy and Loire
- 9 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 10 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 11 malta
- 12 Northern Europe in April-May
- 13 First time Ireland trip
- 14 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 15 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 16 Iwango went…to Nice
- 17 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 18 5 Observations About Paris
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 21 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 22 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 23 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 24 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 25 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France