I'm a 24yo male from Montreal, Canada. I'm planning a 3-weeks backpacking trip to Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland from April 9th to 30th. Regardless of the itinerary I take, the first 5 days of my trip will be around Llandudno (northern Wales) since I'm attending a conference being held there.
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions regarding an itinerary. I'm an active person and an outdoor enthusiast. I prefer the small villages to large, busy and crowded cities.
I was thinking of some kind of a clockwise circle starting with a ferry from Holyhead (Wales) to Dublin (Ireland) then Dublin to Belfast, Belfast to the northern coast of Ireland (giant causeway, etc). Then a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (Scotland). Some time in southern Scotland then head down to England. I'd like to spend a bit of time hiking in the Lake District National Park.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 4 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 5 Seville in late January
- 6 Norfolk base
- 7 Berlin restaurant recs
- 8 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 9 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 10 RFID Protection
- 11 3 days to spend in europe
- 12 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 13 Drinks in Spain
- 14 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 15 12 days europe
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 18 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 19 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 20 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 21 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 22 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 25 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
Backpacking and hiking in Wales + Northern Ireland + Scotland