I have been to England several times, but the last time was about 15 years ago, and I feel like my information is outdated. I am planning a trip for my boyfriend and myself, and we will be flying into London. We would like to visit the Scottish highlands, including a trip to Fraser Castle. I think the location that might be best for us to base our travel from is Aberdeen. What is the best way for us to get from London to Aberdeen?
Does anyone know what the current rates for train travel from London to Aberdeen might be? I thought that tickets purchased from London rail stations were much cheaper than the sites I'm looking at to book from online (from the US).
Also, would it be of any benefit to buy a Britrail pass, or are we better off to buy tickets as we go?
Thanks in advance for sharing your local knowledge and recent experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Best layover option
- 3 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 4 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 7 Iceland car rental agencies
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 15 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 19 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 20 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 25 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?