I have been to England several times, but the last time was about 15 years ago, and I feel like my information is outdated. I am planning a trip for my boyfriend and myself, and we will be flying into London. We would like to visit the Scottish highlands, including a trip to Fraser Castle. I think the location that might be best for us to base our travel from is Aberdeen. What is the best way for us to get from London to Aberdeen?
Does anyone know what the current rates for train travel from London to Aberdeen might be? I thought that tickets purchased from London rail stations were much cheaper than the sites I'm looking at to book from online (from the US).
Also, would it be of any benefit to buy a Britrail pass, or are we better off to buy tickets as we go?
Thanks in advance for sharing your local knowledge and recent experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 2 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 3 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 6 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 9 Athens
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 12 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 13 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 14 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 15 Petrol in Greece
- 16 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 17 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 18 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 19 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 20 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 21 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 22 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 25 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???