I have been to England several times, but the last time was about 15 years ago, and I feel like my information is outdated. I am planning a trip for my boyfriend and myself, and we will be flying into London. We would like to visit the Scottish highlands, including a trip to Fraser Castle. I think the location that might be best for us to base our travel from is Aberdeen. What is the best way for us to get from London to Aberdeen?
Does anyone know what the current rates for train travel from London to Aberdeen might be? I thought that tickets purchased from London rail stations were much cheaper than the sites I'm looking at to book from online (from the US).
Also, would it be of any benefit to buy a Britrail pass, or are we better off to buy tickets as we go?
Thanks in advance for sharing your local knowledge and recent experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 hill of crosses
- 5 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 10 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 Italy June 6-16
- 18 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 19 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 20 Austria Trip Report
- 21 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 22 Driving through Paris
- 23 Northern Ireland ideas
- 24 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help