I joined a photography workshop in Lyon and Provence, and subsequently traveled on my own to Avignon, Aix and day-toured the villages of the Luberon. I was carrying lots of gear (a camera, 3 lenses, my laptop, a tripod), and taking public transportation after the workshop was over, so needed to keep the overall trip somewhat less extensive than I would have liked. Given the lack of sleep experienced during the workshop, however, I was actually glad to come home and rest! Here's the report:
June 23 -- Arrived at my hotel in Lyon early evening, and took a stroll around. I’m always struck by the cultural differences between Los Angeles and just about anywhere in Europe.
June 24 - Today I wandered around Lyon taking photos, visited Musee des Beaux-Arts, Lyon, enjoyed a salad Lyonnaise, and later that evening, met up with my small photography workshop group. It turned out to be a fun group of 8 plus our instructor, a well-known pro and author of several best-selling books.
After meeting for drinks and then dinner, we set out for the river’s edge where we photographed the Notre Dame cathedral (Lyon) all lit up in evening. It was quite an experience, as prior to this, I had never before used a tripod. I bought one just 2 weeks before leaving for France. Fortunately, participants were willing to help me out with the nuances of the tripod, and two of them even lent me special filters for night photography.
We were out there until 11:30 pm (and were slated to meet the next morning at 6:30 am).
June 25 - This morning we photographed the same cathedral setting, only in early morning light (you will see the evening and morning shots in my gallery); next, we set off for across the bridge to old Lyon. Our instructor took us to some interesting architectural spots where he elaborated on composition and HDR technique (which I had already experimented with in previous months).
That afternoon, we drove to a Botanical gardens in Lyon to work on macro photography. I was extremely disappointed that I had left my macro lens at the hotel, but managed to get one or two decent shots with my telephoto lens.
That evening after dinner, we set out to photograph a large ornamental fountain with sculpture, in evening light. You will see the results in my photo album of Lyon:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 월남뽕⋞❦「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」❦⋟월남뽕
- 2 짓고땡⋞☬「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」☬⋟짓고땡
- 3 도리짓고땡⋞☯「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」☯⋟도리짓고땡
- 4 마닐라바카라게임→多【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】多←슈퍼카지노마닐라바카라게임
- 5 불파이트⋞✄「/ SP4.ZE.AM /」✄⋟불파이트
- 6 스타바카라게임→立【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】立←슈퍼카지노스타바카라게임
- 7 썬시티바카라게임→少【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】少←슈퍼카지노썬시티바카라게임
- 8 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 9 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 10 월드바카라게임→少【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】少←슈퍼카지노월드바카라게임
- 11 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 12 테크노바카라게임→少【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】少←슈퍼카지노
- 13 태양성바카라게임→个【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】个←슈퍼카지노태양성바카라게임
- 14 다모아바카라게임→说【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】说←슈퍼카지노
- 15 온라인카지노게임→岛【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】岛←슈퍼카지노온라인카지노게임
- 16 인터넷카지노게임→沙【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】沙←슈퍼카지노
- 17 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 18 실시간카지노게임→向【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】向←슈퍼카지노실시간카지노게임
- 19 생중계카지노게임→之【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】之←슈퍼카지노생중계카지노게임
- 20 생방송카지노게임→网【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】网←슈퍼카지노생방송카지노게임
- 21 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 22 라이브카지노게임→强【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】强←슈퍼카지노
- 23 강원랜드카지노게임→皇【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】皇←슈퍼카지노
- 24 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 25 월드라이브카지노게임→友【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】友←슈퍼카지노
Back from Provence & Lyon - susan001's trip report with photos