I am going to visit the Azores for 8 full days starting May 28th. My activities are going to be mainly active/adventure types, which I know are available on many of the islands, but I was wondering which islands would be the best to visit for my plan. I think I will split my time between two islands, Sao Miguel being one. My activities will include as many of the items below as possible:
Whale Watch/Wild Dolphin Swim
Visiting the obvious popular sites (Sete Cidades, Hot Springs etc.)
I was initially thinking Flores as the second stop, as I have read they have good canyoning...or possibly Sao Jorge so a Pico day trip is possible. Reading similar posts, everyone seems to be recommending Pico or Faial more than those two, so I wanted to get everyone's thoughts. For reference, I'm not a "sit and relax" type of traveler...I usually need a vacation after my vacations.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 7 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Regarding Residence Permit
- 10 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 11 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 12 Tracking the Weather
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Good mobile plan for traveller