I am going to visit the Azores for 8 full days starting May 28th. My activities are going to be mainly active/adventure types, which I know are available on many of the islands, but I was wondering which islands would be the best to visit for my plan. I think I will split my time between two islands, Sao Miguel being one. My activities will include as many of the items below as possible:
Whale Watch/Wild Dolphin Swim
Visiting the obvious popular sites (Sete Cidades, Hot Springs etc.)
I was initially thinking Flores as the second stop, as I have read they have good canyoning...or possibly Sao Jorge so a Pico day trip is possible. Reading similar posts, everyone seems to be recommending Pico or Faial more than those two, so I wanted to get everyone's thoughts. For reference, I'm not a "sit and relax" type of traveler...I usually need a vacation after my vacations.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 9 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 13 car insurance italy
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 auto europa or auto europe?
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris