I am going to visit the Azores for 8 full days starting May 28th. My activities are going to be mainly active/adventure types, which I know are available on many of the islands, but I was wondering which islands would be the best to visit for my plan. I think I will split my time between two islands, Sao Miguel being one. My activities will include as many of the items below as possible:
Whale Watch/Wild Dolphin Swim
Visiting the obvious popular sites (Sete Cidades, Hot Springs etc.)
I was initially thinking Flores as the second stop, as I have read they have good canyoning...or possibly Sao Jorge so a Pico day trip is possible. Reading similar posts, everyone seems to be recommending Pico or Faial more than those two, so I wanted to get everyone's thoughts. For reference, I'm not a "sit and relax" type of traveler...I usually need a vacation after my vacations.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 2 Help on ancient history route
- 3 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 3 days solo in London
- 8 Chania
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 15 Studying art in English in venice
- 16 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 17 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 18 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 19 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 20 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 French language immersion schools in France
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries