I am going to visit the Azores for 8 full days starting May 28th. My activities are going to be mainly active/adventure types, which I know are available on many of the islands, but I was wondering which islands would be the best to visit for my plan. I think I will split my time between two islands, Sao Miguel being one. My activities will include as many of the items below as possible:
Whale Watch/Wild Dolphin Swim
Visiting the obvious popular sites (Sete Cidades, Hot Springs etc.)
I was initially thinking Flores as the second stop, as I have read they have good canyoning...or possibly Sao Jorge so a Pico day trip is possible. Reading similar posts, everyone seems to be recommending Pico or Faial more than those two, so I wanted to get everyone's thoughts. For reference, I'm not a "sit and relax" type of traveler...I usually need a vacation after my vacations.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 2 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Tour of Northern Italy
- 12 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 13 Cognac transportation?
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 17 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 18 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 19 Granada to Madrid
- 20 San Sebastian
- 21 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 25 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris