has anyone been to Flores or live in Flores? We are thinking of visiting for two nights and are looking for modern, clean accommodation costing around €50-60 for a twin. Since it's a small island, there doesn't seem to be much choice and many hosts don't have websites or photos. I don't particularly want to stay in a remote village having to drive anywhere at night to have dinner so prefer to be based in Santa Cruz (unless someone has better advice ). Found Hospedaria Sousa and Hospedaria Acquamarina but have my doubts. Then thought we would splurge and found Hotel Inatel Flores but seems like service is bad and breakfast is even worse.
Any tips, also restaurant tips around the island, would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Biennale to Feature Detroit...
- 2 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 3 Sentimental Journey
- 4 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 5 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 6 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 7 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 8 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 9 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 10 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 11 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 12 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 13 One Way... trust or bust?
- 14 A few last minute questions
- 15 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 16 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 17 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 18 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 19 Cost of Van from CDG
- 20 San Vino
- 21 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 22 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 23 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 24 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 25 Walking GPS?