We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Italy
- 2 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 3 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 5 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 6 European Travel in March
- 7 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 8 Europe itinerary
- 9 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 10 Iceland in 4 days?
- 11 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 12 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 13 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 14 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 16 Madrid city centre?
- 17 Barcelona extension
- 18 Ireland driving itinerary
- 19 Slovania & Croatia
- 20 Barcelona Car rental return
- 21 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 BIKE AND BARGE
- 24 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 25 Restaurants and sights in Puglia