We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Travel in Europe
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 November in Rome
- 18 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Christmas markets