We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 Public Transport information App/Website
- 4 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 5 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 6 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 9 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 10 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 11 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 12 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 15 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 18 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 19 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 20 Amalfi or Positano
- 21 Croatia travel ideas
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 24 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 25 Help required with Ireland Itinerary