We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 5 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 6 Zadar or Sibenik
- 7 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 13 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 Use of Train Tickets
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 First Trip to Paris
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise