We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Azay-le-Rideau son et lumiere
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 3 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 4 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 5 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 6 Raining in rome
- 7 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 8 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 9 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 10 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 13 İstanbul Travel guide
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 19 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 20 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 21 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 22 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 23 Italian Lakes
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 Amsterdam and An Amputee