We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 2 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 3 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 4 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 5 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 6 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 7 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 8 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 9 5 Days in Provence
- 10 3 days Venice to Paris
- 11 A 3rd destination to add to trip
- 12 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 13 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 14 Forints or Euros?
- 15 Another Visit to London
- 16 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 17 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 18 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 19 Bus fine Italy
- 20 Another question about the rouble.
- 21 Scenic Tuscan Restaurant for a Group
- 22 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 23 Gothenburg, Things to do for a teenager
- 24 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May