We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 3 Venice
- 4 charming cities in Spain
- 5 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 6 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 7 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 8 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 9 Day in Madrid
- 10 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 11 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Le Marche Research Help
- 14 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 15 Rental car in Menton
- 16 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 17 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 23 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Paris cooking classes