We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 2 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 3 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 4 Vienna or Budapest?
- 5 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 6 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 7 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 8 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 9 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 10 Budapest Hotels
- 11 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 12 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 13 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 14 London's Must Sights!
- 15 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 16 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 17 First Time Solo Travel info
- 18 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 19 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 20 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 21 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 22 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 23 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 24 4 days in switzerland
- 25 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich