We really enjoyed the son et lumiere we attended at Amboise on our last trip to the Loire. Next year we are returning to the Loire and wanted to attend one at Azay le Rideau. It is listed in my Michelin Green Guide but not on the http://azay-le-rideau.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/ website. Has anyone attended it recently? Does it still exist? The website only lists a nighttime walk in July and August for one hour. We will be there end of May.
Also, we stayed in Amboise last time and wanted to stay in Azay le Rideau this time so we would be close by to attend the son et lumiere since it goes until midnight or so. If there is no son et then where else would you recommend staying? We will be visiting vineyards and wineries in Vouvray, visiting Villandry again and just roaming about the beautiful countryside. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will have a car so would probably prefer not to stay in big cities. We like B&Bs or small hotels under 100 euros a night.
Thanks again for the help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway in November
- 2 Visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia Italy
- 3 Christmas in Italy!!!
- 4 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 5 ROME!!!
- 6 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 7 Swiss German
- 8 German Train travel
- 9 Provence to Nice driving
- 10 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 11 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 12 please revew provence agenda
- 13 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 14 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 15 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 16 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 17 London: Oyster, 2For1, Travel Card--Help!
- 18 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 19 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 20 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 21 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 22 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 23 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 24 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 25 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions