Hello al Fodorists..
came back from wonderful AVIGNON.
I was enlightened and left Cannes in the morning. arrived Avignon midday and was able to do the Palais des Papes...AMAZING PLACE... it leaves YOU breathless
AND Avignon Bridge... amazing place, weather..I didn't know it was soooo beautiful.. all in that same afternoon! of June 4.
Had I been given the choice between Gordes and Arles.. now that I did both!..I would have chosen GORDES.. wonderful amazing village.. so in the end I did this
And it is better to do 2 half days than one full day to Provence..you do more... Anne was my tour guide for both half days. Left me at the hotel at 2 pm and picked me up 2.30pm
Morning.. Nimes, Uzes and Pont du Gard..enough time for the 3
Afternoon.. Arles, Les Baux de Provence and Saint Paul de Mausolé ..I would have preferred more time at Baux de Provence and do the Carrières de Lumières ..which would have only taken 10 mins to at least have a glimpse ..only 10 minutes that we could have taken out of Arles...
These 2 half days on the same day you can do them with Time4Provence
June 6 morning
Gordes and ROusillon..iT started with the Lavender Museum that I would totally skip or leave for the end if there is time to do it.. and not necessary to stay for the audio!.
This one I did it with Provence-reservation
Both providers pick you up from your hotel, on a very new van for at least 9 passengers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 6 God Save the Queen?
- 7 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 8 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
AVIGNON...AMAZING (France) dont miss it!!
Hello al Fodorists..