I would greatly appreciate assistance in trying to figure out mode of travel and region to stay for my trip in France this June. My husband, 1.5 year old and I will be spending a week in Avignon. That's all planned! However,we would really like to include a some time in Bordeaux and or Dordogne, unfortunately we only have have a few days. Monday morning we will leave Avignon, and we need to be in Paris to fly home on Sunday morning. None of this is flexible.
I've done some initial route planning and can see how long travel is by train or car... My current thought is to take the train from Nimes to Bordeaux on day 1 and Bordeaux to Paris on day 6 or 7, and rent a car in between? I want to stay out of the cites with the car, and want to enjoy the region eating and casually sight seeing with a maybe cranky toddler... Any suggestions on where to stay in this area? Any thoughts on my general plan? (We are reasonably experienced travelers& have already been to Paris & Nice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 2 Bernese Oberland
- 3 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 4 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 10 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 11 Threat Level in UK
- 12 ATM
- 13 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Living in Paris......for a week
- 16 ATM help
- 17 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 18 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 19 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 20 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 24 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 25 Athens tour guide advice