I would greatly appreciate assistance in trying to figure out mode of travel and region to stay for my trip in France this June. My husband, 1.5 year old and I will be spending a week in Avignon. That's all planned! However,we would really like to include a some time in Bordeaux and or Dordogne, unfortunately we only have have a few days. Monday morning we will leave Avignon, and we need to be in Paris to fly home on Sunday morning. None of this is flexible.
I've done some initial route planning and can see how long travel is by train or car... My current thought is to take the train from Nimes to Bordeaux on day 1 and Bordeaux to Paris on day 6 or 7, and rent a car in between? I want to stay out of the cites with the car, and want to enjoy the region eating and casually sight seeing with a maybe cranky toddler... Any suggestions on where to stay in this area? Any thoughts on my general plan? (We are reasonably experienced travelers& have already been to Paris & Nice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 5 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 6 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 7 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 11 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 15 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 18 Milos beach stay
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 22 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 23 Driving in Wales
- 24 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017