I would greatly appreciate assistance in trying to figure out mode of travel and region to stay for my trip in France this June. My husband, 1.5 year old and I will be spending a week in Avignon. That's all planned! However,we would really like to include a some time in Bordeaux and or Dordogne, unfortunately we only have have a few days. Monday morning we will leave Avignon, and we need to be in Paris to fly home on Sunday morning. None of this is flexible.
I've done some initial route planning and can see how long travel is by train or car... My current thought is to take the train from Nimes to Bordeaux on day 1 and Bordeaux to Paris on day 6 or 7, and rent a car in between? I want to stay out of the cites with the car, and want to enjoy the region eating and casually sight seeing with a maybe cranky toddler... Any suggestions on where to stay in this area? Any thoughts on my general plan? (We are reasonably experienced travelers& have already been to Paris & Nice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 6 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 10 Granada to Madrid
- 11 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 12 Croatia
- 13 Croatia trip Planning
- 14 Norway -Trips
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 17 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 18 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 19 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 24 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 25 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two