I would greatly appreciate assistance in trying to figure out mode of travel and region to stay for my trip in France this June. My husband, 1.5 year old and I will be spending a week in Avignon. That's all planned! However,we would really like to include a some time in Bordeaux and or Dordogne, unfortunately we only have have a few days. Monday morning we will leave Avignon, and we need to be in Paris to fly home on Sunday morning. None of this is flexible.
I've done some initial route planning and can see how long travel is by train or car... My current thought is to take the train from Nimes to Bordeaux on day 1 and Bordeaux to Paris on day 6 or 7, and rent a car in between? I want to stay out of the cites with the car, and want to enjoy the region eating and casually sight seeing with a maybe cranky toddler... Any suggestions on where to stay in this area? Any thoughts on my general plan? (We are reasonably experienced travelers& have already been to Paris & Nice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 2 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 3 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 4 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 5 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 6 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 7 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 8 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 9 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 French Wedding
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 14 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 15 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 16 Porto...Questions !
- 17 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 18 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 19 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 20 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 21 Charming areas to explore in London
- 22 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 23 I may be wrong....
- 24 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 25 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal