We are traveling form Seville to Madrid on a Saturday in October.
Two possible trains are at 8.45am and 9.50am. Both AVE trains.
I've been checking Renfe site from time to time. For a long time, my date was not available and I could only see tickets to the end of Sept. Now, looking at the site I see that October and as far as December (!) bookings are available. I hoped to get the tickets when they are first released in order to secure the best fare, but now I cannot tell whether the prices quoted for October are the best OR if they will go down a bit later?
Am I correct to understand that Saturday mornings (especially the 8.45am train) are busy time to travel? I guess more people heading out for the weekend? I see that midweek and even Sunday prices on average are lower.
Now, I see Turista Promo ticket for some of Aug-Sept-Oct Saturdays to be at 59.65EUR/person. Whereas in December it's 34.75EUR. Does it mean that I missed my timing to purchase the tickets at lower rates for October?
AND, even though I see the 59.65EUR/person for Turista Promo ticket when selecting 1 person. I am only getting 75.50EUR Turista Flexible when checking the price for 7 tickets which we need. Does it mean that the train is already pretty much filled up? And my only option is to pay the full fare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary