We are traveling form Seville to Madrid on a Saturday in October.
Two possible trains are at 8.45am and 9.50am. Both AVE trains.
I've been checking Renfe site from time to time. For a long time, my date was not available and I could only see tickets to the end of Sept. Now, looking at the site I see that October and as far as December (!) bookings are available. I hoped to get the tickets when they are first released in order to secure the best fare, but now I cannot tell whether the prices quoted for October are the best OR if they will go down a bit later?
Am I correct to understand that Saturday mornings (especially the 8.45am train) are busy time to travel? I guess more people heading out for the weekend? I see that midweek and even Sunday prices on average are lower.
Now, I see Turista Promo ticket for some of Aug-Sept-Oct Saturdays to be at 59.65EUR/person. Whereas in December it's 34.75EUR. Does it mean that I missed my timing to purchase the tickets at lower rates for October?
AND, even though I see the 59.65EUR/person for Turista Promo ticket when selecting 1 person. I am only getting 75.50EUR Turista Flexible when checking the price for 7 tickets which we need. Does it mean that the train is already pretty much filled up? And my only option is to pay the full fare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 Traveling in Belgium
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 15 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 16 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 23 Train travel to and from Paris
- 24 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?