We are traveling form Seville to Madrid on a Saturday in October.
Two possible trains are at 8.45am and 9.50am. Both AVE trains.
I've been checking Renfe site from time to time. For a long time, my date was not available and I could only see tickets to the end of Sept. Now, looking at the site I see that October and as far as December (!) bookings are available. I hoped to get the tickets when they are first released in order to secure the best fare, but now I cannot tell whether the prices quoted for October are the best OR if they will go down a bit later?
Am I correct to understand that Saturday mornings (especially the 8.45am train) are busy time to travel? I guess more people heading out for the weekend? I see that midweek and even Sunday prices on average are lower.
Now, I see Turista Promo ticket for some of Aug-Sept-Oct Saturdays to be at 59.65EUR/person. Whereas in December it's 34.75EUR. Does it mean that I missed my timing to purchase the tickets at lower rates for October?
AND, even though I see the 59.65EUR/person for Turista Promo ticket when selecting 1 person. I am only getting 75.50EUR Turista Flexible when checking the price for 7 tickets which we need. Does it mean that the train is already pretty much filled up? And my only option is to pay the full fare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 2 ATM
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 5 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 6 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 London Hotel - Different Request
- 9 Portugal rental car
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 Iceland trip report!
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 14 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 15 3 nights in Madrid
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 alcazar question and seville advice
- 18 Bernese Oberland
- 19 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 20 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 21 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 24 Threat Level in UK
- 25 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome