We are traveling form Seville to Madrid on a Saturday in October.
Two possible trains are at 8.45am and 9.50am. Both AVE trains.
I've been checking Renfe site from time to time. For a long time, my date was not available and I could only see tickets to the end of Sept. Now, looking at the site I see that October and as far as December (!) bookings are available. I hoped to get the tickets when they are first released in order to secure the best fare, but now I cannot tell whether the prices quoted for October are the best OR if they will go down a bit later?
Am I correct to understand that Saturday mornings (especially the 8.45am train) are busy time to travel? I guess more people heading out for the weekend? I see that midweek and even Sunday prices on average are lower.
Now, I see Turista Promo ticket for some of Aug-Sept-Oct Saturdays to be at 59.65EUR/person. Whereas in December it's 34.75EUR. Does it mean that I missed my timing to purchase the tickets at lower rates for October?
AND, even though I see the 59.65EUR/person for Turista Promo ticket when selecting 1 person. I am only getting 75.50EUR Turista Flexible when checking the price for 7 tickets which we need. Does it mean that the train is already pretty much filled up? And my only option is to pay the full fare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sintra
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Firt time VISA applicant
- 4 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 14 Murren to Prague
- 15 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 18 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 22 Uffizi Phone Number
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?