We are going to Rome, Italy in a few weeks and are going to rent an automatic car since we got a great price. An automatic Smart Fortwo is cheaper than manual transmission alternatives. Previous trips we had only rented manual transmission cars since automatic ones were priced much higher, but I did all the driving since my spouse doesn't know how to drive stick. This trip both my spouse and I will take turns driving for a change.
The Thrifty car is 11.70euro/day and the Dollar car is 12.00euro/day. So, they are virtually the same price. Does anyone have any insight as to which agency is better? Any insights as to differences between the two in extra driver fees, different charges for insurance, location at FCO airport, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 car for four adults and four bikes
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 21 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 22 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions