We are going to Rome, Italy in a few weeks and are going to rent an automatic car since we got a great price. An automatic Smart Fortwo is cheaper than manual transmission alternatives. Previous trips we had only rented manual transmission cars since automatic ones were priced much higher, but I did all the driving since my spouse doesn't know how to drive stick. This trip both my spouse and I will take turns driving for a change.
The Thrifty car is 11.70euro/day and the Dollar car is 12.00euro/day. So, they are virtually the same price. Does anyone have any insight as to which agency is better? Any insights as to differences between the two in extra driver fees, different charges for insurance, location at FCO airport, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 First Trip to Paris
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Guide in Russia
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 10 Train travel
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 B&Bs in Ireland
- 13 travel fan 220v?
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik