We are going to Rome, Italy in a few weeks and are going to rent an automatic car since we got a great price. An automatic Smart Fortwo is cheaper than manual transmission alternatives. Previous trips we had only rented manual transmission cars since automatic ones were priced much higher, but I did all the driving since my spouse doesn't know how to drive stick. This trip both my spouse and I will take turns driving for a change.
The Thrifty car is 11.70euro/day and the Dollar car is 12.00euro/day. So, they are virtually the same price. Does anyone have any insight as to which agency is better? Any insights as to differences between the two in extra driver fees, different charges for insurance, location at FCO airport, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 6 Scotland Trip Report
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 How the kids age calculated
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Aix Provence
- 22 Sintra
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??