We are going to Rome, Italy in a few weeks and are going to rent an automatic car since we got a great price. An automatic Smart Fortwo is cheaper than manual transmission alternatives. Previous trips we had only rented manual transmission cars since automatic ones were priced much higher, but I did all the driving since my spouse doesn't know how to drive stick. This trip both my spouse and I will take turns driving for a change.
The Thrifty car is 11.70euro/day and the Dollar car is 12.00euro/day. So, they are virtually the same price. Does anyone have any insight as to which agency is better? Any insights as to differences between the two in extra driver fees, different charges for insurance, location at FCO airport, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 2 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 3 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 6 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?