We are going to Rome, Italy in a few weeks and are going to rent an automatic car since we got a great price. An automatic Smart Fortwo is cheaper than manual transmission alternatives. Previous trips we had only rented manual transmission cars since automatic ones were priced much higher, but I did all the driving since my spouse doesn't know how to drive stick. This trip both my spouse and I will take turns driving for a change.
The Thrifty car is 11.70euro/day and the Dollar car is 12.00euro/day. So, they are virtually the same price. Does anyone have any insight as to which agency is better? Any insights as to differences between the two in extra driver fees, different charges for insurance, location at FCO airport, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Rome or Venice first
- 6 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 7 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 13 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 14 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 15 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 16 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 20 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 21 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords