I just finished a short stay in Scotland and had a slight fender-bender with my rental car. My Visa Platinum card recommend waving the rental insurance so I did so. Am waiting for the damage assessment to follow through with the claim (which I've already filed.) The accident happened backing in to a stone wall at the hotel. My one concern was that I was bumped up to a Mercedes .. not an exotic car, and Visa says 'some models of Mercedes are covered." Am wondering if anyone has had experiences filing a claim and what they can tell me.
Auto rental insurance coverage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 6 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 7 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 16 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 17 9 days in turkey
- 18 Burg Eltz
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 Germany-berlin marathon
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 25 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip