We are three adults planning a September trip to Austria, who want a combination of enjoying natural wonders with moderate hiking AND interesting towns with shopping. We'd love to hear people's thoughts on visiting the Ziller Valley at that time of year, Leichtenstein Klamm, Golling, and also find out about biking along the Danube just for a couple hours rather than a tour that lasts for 3 or more days. If we have 10 to 12 days, what would be the best way to take in the "best of Austria"?
Austrian trip planning
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Travel by train or bus
- 8 Planning a holiday
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 11 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 16 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 19 Family European winter holiday
- 20 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 21 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 22 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 23 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 24 Sicily 10 days
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report