We are three adults planning a September trip to Austria, who want a combination of enjoying natural wonders with moderate hiking AND interesting towns with shopping. We'd love to hear people's thoughts on visiting the Ziller Valley at that time of year, Leichtenstein Klamm, Golling, and also find out about biking along the Danube just for a couple hours rather than a tour that lasts for 3 or more days. If we have 10 to 12 days, what would be the best way to take in the "best of Austria"?
Austrian trip planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 2 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 3 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 4 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 7 Reykjavik hotels
- 8 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 9 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 12 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 13 Norway 2014
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 17 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 First Time to UK since 2001
- 22 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 23 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report