Hi all. We're taking the train from Salzburg to Vienna in late April, and would like to make sure we get the ticket at a lower price (maybe I should have done this 60 days out? oh well). My questions are, is it necessary to book a ticket online now at oebb.at, or should we just do it there; and if I do book it, should I book the seat itself. It's showing as "saloon carriage 2nd class", then RJ663 - I presume that's the trip number. Then it asks if I want a window, and also "saloon carriage with table". I can't tell what to do. Help! and Thanks!
Austrian train ticketing
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 2 floods in Andalucia
- 3 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 6 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 9 Central Europe itinerary
- 10 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 11 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 12 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 13 Arriving in Prague
- 14 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 15 4 Months in Europe
- 16 2 Days in Rome
- 17 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 18 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 19 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 20 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 21 Tipping in the UK
- 22 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 23 2 weeks in Spain
- 24 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 25 Wines charted by flavor