Hi all. We're taking the train from Salzburg to Vienna in late April, and would like to make sure we get the ticket at a lower price (maybe I should have done this 60 days out? oh well). My questions are, is it necessary to book a ticket online now at oebb.at, or should we just do it there; and if I do book it, should I book the seat itself. It's showing as "saloon carriage 2nd class", then RJ663 - I presume that's the trip number. Then it asks if I want a window, and also "saloon carriage with table". I can't tell what to do. Help! and Thanks!
Austrian train ticketing
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 2 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 3 Trains in Europe
- 4 3 weeks in Sicily
- 5 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 6 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 7 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 8 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 14 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 15 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 16 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 17 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 18 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 21 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 22 Raining in rome
- 23 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 24 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 25 A taste of Italy in 11 nights