I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 3 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 4 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 5 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 6 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 7 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 8 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 9 Shopping in Paris
- 10 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 11 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 12 10 nights in France
- 13 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 14 Best Italian beach with teens
- 15 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 16 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 17 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 18 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 19 Where to stop along the way
- 20 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 21 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 22 planning confusion
- 23 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 24 Scotland Highlands
- 25 Relaxing destinations?