I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 6 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 7 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Trains in Alps and UK
- 11 Switzerland
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 14 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 15 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 16 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 17 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 18 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Where to buy Saffron?
- 22 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 23 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close