I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Austria (Vienna) and Switzerland with a toddler
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 6 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 7 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 8 train to Vernon France
- 9 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 10 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 11 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 16 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 17 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 18 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 19 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 22 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 nearby cities to london