I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid city centre?
- 2 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 3 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 4 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 5 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 6 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 7 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 8 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 9 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 10 Stonehenge and Bath
- 11 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 12 train from ravenna to parma
- 13 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 14 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 15 Puglia
- 16 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 19 Ireland driving itinerary
- 20 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 21 Manchester on derby weekend
- 22 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 Day trips from Uzes
- 25 Greece Experts