I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 2 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 3 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 4 When and how to book for a trip?
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 7 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 10 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 11 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 12 Prague & Croatia
- 13 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 14 Ferries from London To Normandy Beaches; biking through Formigny-Bayeux
- 15 3 week backing packing trip
- 16 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 17 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 18 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 19 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 20 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 21 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 22 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 23 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 24 holiday problem in Budapest
- 25 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July