I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 2 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 3 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 4 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 5 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 6 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 7 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 8 Drinks in Spain
- 9 12 days europe
- 10 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 11 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 12 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 13 Ali
- 14 Christmas Week in London
- 15 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 16 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 17 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 18 Too much for one day?
- 19 Travel WiFi - France
- 20 Italy for the first time
- 21 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 22 RFID Protection
- 23 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Germany and Austria trip report
- 25 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card