I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 6 limousine services - milan - rome
- 7 Regarding Residence Permit
- 8 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 9 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 10 Homesaty
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 13 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 16 Route des Vins
- 17 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 18 2 days in Florence
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco