I'll be travelling to Austria and Switzerland with my spouse and my 19 months old baby during the second week of May from 9th May to 18th May IA. I need to be in Vienna for the first two days. We are planning to travel to Switzerland on 11th and spend one week there, flying back to Vienna on 18th. I've put together a brief itinerary and will appreciate your suggestions considering we have a kid and would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns and kids friendly areas.
Day 1 (9th May) : Vienna (Schonbrunn palace and zoo Vienna: Our hotel is located walking distance to the palace).
Day 2 (10th May): Prater Vienna
Day 3 (11th May): Flight from Vienna to Zurich - Spend some time exploring Zurich
Day 4 (12th May): Visit Lucerne for the day (probably spend the night there or return to Zurich)
Day 5 - Day 7 (3 days): Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen if possible (Will it be too cold in Lauterbrunnen during mid May)
Day 8 (17 May) : Back in Zurich, visit Rhine falls or some other place
Day 9 (18th May) : Flight back to Vienna
I hope I came up with a practical plan given our limited mobility with a very active toddler but would welcome any suggestions. Additionally, is it possible to book hotel rooms on spot in the interlaken/ lauterbrunnen area or early booking is recommended.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO connection time
- 2 Paris gtg in October?
- 3 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 6 Amsterdam Hotel
- 7 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 8 Dolomites October 14-18
- 9 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help
- 11 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 12 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 13 Norway Itinerary
- 14 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 15 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 16 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 17 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 18 Charles Degaulle question
- 19 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Departure Tax in UK
- 22 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 23 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 24 Train Help
- 25 First time in Italy