My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 6 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 9 Summer Travel order
- 10 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 Trip suggestion
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 Dijon in December!
- 15 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 20 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 21 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 22 Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 24 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 25 Another tipping question: concierges