My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 3 Wake Up Mods
- 4 help with europe itinary
- 5 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 6 One Day in Vienna
- 7 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 8 Trip in September
- 9 Escorted tours Norway
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 12 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 13 Romans Lament Changing Yellow Lights to
- 14 Help with basic itinerary
- 15 favorite app for converting US $$
- 16 One week in London with kids
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Light weight small converter?
- 19 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 20 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 21 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 22 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 23 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 24 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 25 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal