My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 World´s biggest Rolls Royce collection in a great castle in Basque Country
- 2 Provence planning
- 3 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 4 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 5 South of France
- 6 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 7 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 8 Car hire location price differences
- 9 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 10 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 11 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 12 Making reservations in Italy
- 13 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 14 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 15 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 16 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 17 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 18 Vienna and side trips
- 19 18 Days in Turkey
- 20 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 21 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 22 VIGO, SPAIN
- 23 Someone please check my Spain itinerary...
- 24 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 25 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids