My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 2 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 3 Best day trips from Paris
- 4 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 6 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 7 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 8 Questions About Croatia
- 9 Croatia and Venice "good value" restaurants; getting to/from Plitvice lakes
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Scottish Passport
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
- 14 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 17 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 18 See You In Minsk
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Florence Hotel Advice
- 21 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 22 Italy tours
- 23 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 24 Air France strike
- 25 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin