My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 2 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 5 Day Trips from Nice
- 6 Istanbul water
- 7 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 8 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 9 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 10 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 11 Madrid: City Views
- 12 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 13 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 14 Norway 2014
- 15 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 16 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 17 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 18 London restaurants
- 19 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 20 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 21 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 22 Siena Favorites?
- 23 biking in France
- 24 using airbnb for the first time...
- 25 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges