My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undisclsoed location
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Ronda Wine/biking
- 6 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 7 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 14 Italy bus or train
- 15 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 18 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 19 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 24 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?