My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 2 I'm back.....
- 3 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 4 Departure Tax in UK
- 5 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 6 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 7 To europe this Aug
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Charles Degaulle question
- 10 Normandy - driving trip
- 11 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 12 Ballet Bolshoi
- 13 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 14 Switzerland itinerary help
- 15 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 16 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 17 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 18 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 19 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 20 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 21 munich - day trips
- 22 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 23 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 24 Naples to Pompeii
- 25 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option