My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 2 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 3 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 4 Scotland
- 5 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 6 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 7 Train des Pignes
- 8 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 9 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 10 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 11 Pousadas
- 12 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 13 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 14 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 15 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 18 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 19 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 20 Change in Travel
- 21 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 22 ireland
- 23 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 24 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 25 Some Ireland enjoyment tips