My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amazing customer services, i rented a 3g wi-fi device IUGO GADGETS FOR RENT
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 4 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 South of France November Trip Report
- 7 Rome---August and September
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 13 Dresden or Leipzig
- 14 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 15 20 days in Germany
- 16 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 23 Nice or Marseille??
- 24 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 25 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich