My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 10 days in England
- 4 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 5 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 6 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 7 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 8 Ayasofya Hotel
- 9 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 10 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 11 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 12 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 13 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 14 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 15 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 16 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 17 going to italy
- 18 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 19 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 22 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 25 Italy things to do?