My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 2 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 3 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 4 Budapest,VIenna: Cash, Credit, ATM, Clothing, HELP
- 5 chip and pin credit cards
- 6 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 7 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 8 Getting from Orvieto to Spoleto (Italy)
- 9 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 10 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 11 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 12 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 13 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 14 15 nights in Italy
- 15 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 16 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 17 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 18 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 19 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 20 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 21 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 22 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 23 Tuscany literature
- 24 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 25 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in