My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 2 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 3 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 4 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 5 20 free days of Europe
- 6 I forgot my international driver permit
- 7 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 8 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 9 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 10 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 11 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 12 Holland Itinerary
- 13 Iceland Trip Report
- 14 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 15 Rome Airport Question!
- 16 Portugal Walking Tour
- 17 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 18 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 19 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 20 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 21 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 22 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 23 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 24 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 25 Prague old town