My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 2 Swiss Pass upgrade for a route
- 3 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 4 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 5 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 6 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 7 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 10 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 Cordoba or Granada?
- 13 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 14 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 15 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 16 Geneva to Munich
- 17 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 18 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 19 Dachstien Ice Caves
- 20 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 21 Iceland itinerary help
- 22 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 25 Hertz Never Lost