My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Azores
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 French open
- 8 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 tulips in the Netherland
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 22 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Azores