My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 2 visa appointment experience
- 3 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 4 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 5 Holiday in Austria
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 8 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 9 4 week trip Turkey
- 10 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 11 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 14 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 15 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 16 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 17 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 18 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 21 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 22 Advices about our itiniary
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 25 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?