My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Positano
- 2 GPS vs Google Maps
- 3 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 4 Luggage on trains/security?
- 5 Any partners to join?
- 6 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 7 Apart from the people is Helsinki a little dull?
- 8 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 9 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 10 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 11 help with 21 days-croatia
- 12 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 13 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 14 The Rain in Spain and more
- 15 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 16 powerfully robust for serving to to detoxify
- 17 London Paris
- 18 Inherent Beauty Serum: Prefect Anti-aging Formula
- 19 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 20 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 21 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 22 Where to stay and eat in Brussels?
- 23 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 24 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 25 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?