My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 2 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 3 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 4 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 5 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 6 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 7 Trans-Siberia Train
- 8 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 9 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 10 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 11 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 12 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 13 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 14 A week driving in Bavaria
- 15 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 16 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 17 PLITVICE LAKES
- 18 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 19 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 20 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 21 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 22 written guide for Olympia
- 23 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 24 Naxos hotel question
- 25 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?