My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 2 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 3 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 4 Paris first then where?
- 5 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 6 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 7 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 8 CROATIA SPLIT
- 9 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 10 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 11 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 12 Does this sound feasible?
- 13 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 14 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 15 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 16 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 17 Stay away from EF Tours
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 20 Self-driving tips for France
- 21 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 22 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 23 Dordogne in October
- 24 BMW European Delivery program
- 25 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria