My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece after the Vote
- 2 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 3 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 4 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 5 Which Florence hotel?
- 6 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 9 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 10 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 11 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 12 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 13 Rocamaxour
- 14 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 15 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 16 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 17 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 18 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 19 Spain vacation help
- 20 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 21 April in Madrid
- 22 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 23 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 24 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 25 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?