My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 2 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 3 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 4 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 5 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 8 Reaching the Lake District
- 9 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 10 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 13 My special places in Europe
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 22 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 23 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 Budva or Perast in Montenegro