My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 2 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 3 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 4 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 5 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 6 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 7 Our Next Europe Trip
- 8 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 9 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 10 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 11 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 12 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 13 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 14 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 15 Trip Report: 17 days in Spain & Portugal
- 16 four old ladies in spain
- 17 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 18 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 19 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 20 Check out this amazing hotel just off the coast of Galway
- 21 Air France new business flat bed seats in fall, old seats in summer?
- 22 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 23 Saltzburg,nuremberg and munich
- 24 travel plan
- 25 More help with Ireland Itinerary