My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 2 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 3 Quick Survey for my thesis about online travel services
- 4 London Weekend
- 5 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 6 Mont St. Michele?
- 7 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 8 Alhambra questions
- 9 Berlin: evening dining
- 10 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 11 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 12 France 8 days
- 13 Baltic cruise ports
- 14 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 15 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 16 milan austria
- 17 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 18 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 19 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 20 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 21 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 22 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 23 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 24 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 25 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome