My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trieste and Koper
- 2 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 5 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 6 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 7 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 8 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 11 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 12 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 13 Traveling in France by train
- 14 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 15 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 16 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 17 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 18 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 19 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 23 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 24 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 25 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions