My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A wonderful month in France
- 2 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 3 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 4 An ambitions plan for Andalusia
- 5 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 6 Kiel Canal Day trip?
- 7 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 8 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 9 London/Newcastle trip
- 10 Restaurant recommendations in San Sebastián
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in Biarritz
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in saint Jean de Luz
- 13 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 14 Flights from Milos Greece to Rome
- 15 My summer in Paris
- 16 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 17 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 18 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 19 Recommendation for a Boutique Hotel in Istanbul
- 20 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 21 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 22 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 23 A week in Le Marche
- 24 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 25 Vatican visit - shortcut to St. Peter's Basilica through Sistine chapel