My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 Three days in Spain
- 6 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 7 1 week in Croatia
- 8 german rail ticket question
- 9 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 10 Trip to Iceland
- 11 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 12 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 15 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 16 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 17 Fjords, How To?
- 18 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 Fashion for larger man?
- 23 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 24 Eating in France-two new books
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel