My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 2 Naples or Genoa
- 3 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 4 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 5 Weekend in London; looking for the best Indian food
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 8 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 9 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 12 Itinerary help please!
- 13 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 14 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 17 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 18 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 19 France to stop making foie grois
- 20 Holiday Itinerary
- 21 Car hire
- 22 Ireland driving itinerary
- 23 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 24 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...