My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 2 Amsterdam, Germany
- 3 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 4 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 5 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 European Travel in March
- 8 Scotland Highlands Help
- 9 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 10 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 11 Ravenna Mosaics
- 12 Our time in Rome
- 13 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 14 Berlin, germany
- 15 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 16 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 17 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 18 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 19 Greece Itinerary
- 20 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 21 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 22 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 23 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 24 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 25 evening of song and dance