My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 3 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 4 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 9 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 10 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 11 Amsterdam
- 12 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 13 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Train / Calabria
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 18 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise