My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Portugal with large family
- 11 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 12 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 Croatia
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 Croatia trip Planning
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Tour groups
- 23 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 Life on the Farm Draws Some French