My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 3 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 4 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 5 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 6 What train pass for Paris?
- 7 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 8 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 9 Must do/see in Rome
- 10 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 11 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 12 Sim cards for Bulgaria, Urkaine and Romania
- 13 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 14 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 15 A plethora of islands
- 16 The isles in June
- 17 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 18 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 19 Berlin Itinerary
- 20 Rome - Venice, or Rome - Amalfi Coast?
- 21 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 22 Toll roads in Italy
- 23 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 24 what to do in florence
- 25 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!