My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 4 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 5 Gluten Free in Italy
- 6 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 7 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 8 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 9 Car rental in Paris
- 10 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 11 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 12 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 13 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 14 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 17 Sentimental Journey
- 18 A few last minute questions
- 19 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 20 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 21 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 22 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 23 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 24 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 25 Stay away from EF Tours