My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 2 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 3 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Reykjavik hotels
- 7 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 11 First Time to UK since 2001
- 12 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 13 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 14 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 15 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 16 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 17 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 18 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 23 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 24 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two