My husband and I are thinking of going to Austria in 2014 for the first time. Possibly the end of May or beginning of June. (when it is somewhat warm and schools are not out yet) There are non-stop flights from New Jersey to Munich, so we will possibly fly there, rent a car and drive to Salzburg, the Lake Districk then to Vienna and fly home from there.
This would be approx. a 1 week trip, and we would probably look to stay a few days at each location.
I just read on another post about the wine region outside of Vienna, so we might try to squeeze that in too.
Any suggestions on which picturesque village to stay at in the Lake District? We would like to do some moderate hiking from the village and would like a village that is larger and has different places to explore. I was looking at St. Wolfgang. Is that a good place to stay? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Austria - Lake District,Salzburg & Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 2 Ireland or Scotland
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Bella to Rome
- 5 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 6 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 7 Two Month Europe Trip
- 8 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 9 First Trip to Europe
- 10 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 11 Anyone used otel.com - is it reputable
- 12 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 13 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 14 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 15 The east coast of Italy
- 16 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 17 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 18 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 19 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 20 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 21 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 22 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 23 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 24 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 25 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips