My husband and I (and two young daughters) started off thinking we would like to visit Bavaria and Salzburg in one week. We only have one week. I still love the idea, but have now been intrigued about adding Switzerland to the trip. I initially thought of flying in and out of Munich and planned on doing road trips in Bavaria, spending a night or two in Fuessen and/or Prien, and definitely spending a couple of days in Salzburg, then seeing Munich, either at arrival or departure. Salzburg is a must for us! So my question is: Is it possible to fly into Zurich, take the Bernina express or Galcier express, then move onto Bavaria and Salzburg? We would probably have to fly out of Munich, since making the hike back to Zurich seems like too much. Any thought, comments, suggestions?
Austria and Switzerland or Germany and Austria? Can't decide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 London visit
- 3 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 4 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 5 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 6 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 9 21 Days in Central Europe
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 12 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 15 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 16 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 17 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 20 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 23 men's shoes spain
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old