My husband and I (and two young daughters) started off thinking we would like to visit Bavaria and Salzburg in one week. We only have one week. I still love the idea, but have now been intrigued about adding Switzerland to the trip. I initially thought of flying in and out of Munich and planned on doing road trips in Bavaria, spending a night or two in Fuessen and/or Prien, and definitely spending a couple of days in Salzburg, then seeing Munich, either at arrival or departure. Salzburg is a must for us! So my question is: Is it possible to fly into Zurich, take the Bernina express or Galcier express, then move onto Bavaria and Salzburg? We would probably have to fly out of Munich, since making the hike back to Zurich seems like too much. Any thought, comments, suggestions?
Austria and Switzerland or Germany and Austria? Can't decide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 4 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 Toulouse and beyond -
- 7 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 8 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 9 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 10 Vienna highlights
- 11 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 14 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 15 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 16 Seville hotels
- 17 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 18 Italy
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 22 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 23 Reims for a day
- 24 Lavender Fields
- 25 Second thoughts about Provence - help!