My husband and I (and two young daughters) started off thinking we would like to visit Bavaria and Salzburg in one week. We only have one week. I still love the idea, but have now been intrigued about adding Switzerland to the trip. I initially thought of flying in and out of Munich and planned on doing road trips in Bavaria, spending a night or two in Fuessen and/or Prien, and definitely spending a couple of days in Salzburg, then seeing Munich, either at arrival or departure. Salzburg is a must for us! So my question is: Is it possible to fly into Zurich, take the Bernina express or Galcier express, then move onto Bavaria and Salzburg? We would probably have to fly out of Munich, since making the hike back to Zurich seems like too much. Any thought, comments, suggestions?
Austria and Switzerland or Germany and Austria? Can't decide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 2 Getting cash in Spain
- 3 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 4 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 5 Stay away from EF Tours
- 6 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 7 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 8 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 11 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 12 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 13 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 14 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 15 How long in Venice?
- 16 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 17 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 18 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 19 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 20 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 24 Italy things to do?
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice