We will spend three nights with a friend in Augsburg with our two boys, 4 and 6. I am looking for some family friendly things to do in Augsburg, as well as any short day trips.
We will have spent 5 days near Munich, so I'd prefer anything north of Augsburg and about an hour driving distance at the most, as we will be well into a 30 day trip by then and I imagine there will be much whining about getting back in the car at that point! I see lots of places to visit on a map, but would appreciate any insider information.
Augsburg with kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 3 Dresden or Leipzig
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 8 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 11 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 15 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 16 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 20 20 days in Germany
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 Rome---August and September
- 24 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS