Planning a trip to maximize the time may seem like a piece of cake to many Fodorites but it's been a while and I would really appreciate your input.
~ Eight days in Paris with a side trip to Giverny in May. My BF and I arrive on Thursday, May 15 and depart on Friday, May 23. It has been her lifelong dream to go there and I was born and raised there until my teens.
~ Research so far has resulted in 6 Art museums: Marmottant, Orsay, Orangerie, Petit Palais, Louvre and Pompidou.
~ Trying to maximize the 4-day museum pass without it becoming overwhelming. I would have liked to avoid the weekend in the museums but that won't work with the 4 consecutive days. Figuring out the best for the ones opened on Modays and Tuesdays is probably the most complicated, despite having developed a table with all of the pertinent info for each.
~ The Conciergerie and Sainte Chapelle are also on the list.
~ Upon our arrival and once we have checked into our apt.(off rue de Rivoli bordering Marais), we will go (if nice weather via Batobus) and walk around the Eiffel Tower, lunch in Notre Dame area with dessert at Berthillion. Neither of us are interested in going up the tower. I would like to add a stop at the Salle Pleyel (Trocadéro) just for the vista of the tower with the fountains.
~ If I can figure how to get to Montmartre without climbing stairs, the that might be added to the list. My knees+stairs=incapacitated which reminds me is there a elevator to the top of the Arc de Triomphe?
~ Nightlife: one evening is planned seeing the Ballet at Opéra Garnier and another at Limonaire ( http://limonaire.free.fr )
I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 2 Threat Level in UK
- 3 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 4 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 5 3 nights in Madrid
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Graz in January
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 14 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 15 Itinery help Crete
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Iceland trip report!
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Sun loungers and parasols
- 21 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 22 Malaga Spain
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 25 Help with Scotland Itinerary