Planning a trip to maximize the time may seem like a piece of cake to many Fodorites but it's been a while and I would really appreciate your input.
~ Eight days in Paris with a side trip to Giverny in May. My BF and I arrive on Thursday, May 15 and depart on Friday, May 23. It has been her lifelong dream to go there and I was born and raised there until my teens.
~ Research so far has resulted in 6 Art museums: Marmottant, Orsay, Orangerie, Petit Palais, Louvre and Pompidou.
~ Trying to maximize the 4-day museum pass without it becoming overwhelming. I would have liked to avoid the weekend in the museums but that won't work with the 4 consecutive days. Figuring out the best for the ones opened on Modays and Tuesdays is probably the most complicated, despite having developed a table with all of the pertinent info for each.
~ The Conciergerie and Sainte Chapelle are also on the list.
~ Upon our arrival and once we have checked into our apt.(off rue de Rivoli bordering Marais), we will go (if nice weather via Batobus) and walk around the Eiffel Tower, lunch in Notre Dame area with dessert at Berthillion. Neither of us are interested in going up the tower. I would like to add a stop at the Salle Pleyel (Trocadéro) just for the vista of the tower with the fountains.
~ If I can figure how to get to Montmartre without climbing stairs, the that might be added to the list. My knees+stairs=incapacitated which reminds me is there a elevator to the top of the Arc de Triomphe?
~ Nightlife: one evening is planned seeing the Ballet at Opéra Garnier and another at Limonaire ( http://limonaire.free.fr )
I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 15 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016