Planning a trip to maximize the time may seem like a piece of cake to many Fodorites but it's been a while and I would really appreciate your input.
~ Eight days in Paris with a side trip to Giverny in May. My BF and I arrive on Thursday, May 15 and depart on Friday, May 23. It has been her lifelong dream to go there and I was born and raised there until my teens.
~ Research so far has resulted in 6 Art museums: Marmottant, Orsay, Orangerie, Petit Palais, Louvre and Pompidou.
~ Trying to maximize the 4-day museum pass without it becoming overwhelming. I would have liked to avoid the weekend in the museums but that won't work with the 4 consecutive days. Figuring out the best for the ones opened on Modays and Tuesdays is probably the most complicated, despite having developed a table with all of the pertinent info for each.
~ The Conciergerie and Sainte Chapelle are also on the list.
~ Upon our arrival and once we have checked into our apt.(off rue de Rivoli bordering Marais), we will go (if nice weather via Batobus) and walk around the Eiffel Tower, lunch in Notre Dame area with dessert at Berthillion. Neither of us are interested in going up the tower. I would like to add a stop at the Salle Pleyel (Trocadéro) just for the vista of the tower with the fountains.
~ If I can figure how to get to Montmartre without climbing stairs, the that might be added to the list. My knees+stairs=incapacitated which reminds me is there a elevator to the top of the Arc de Triomphe?
~ Nightlife: one evening is planned seeing the Ballet at Opéra Garnier and another at Limonaire ( http://limonaire.free.fr )
I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 4 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 8 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 19 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 20 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 21 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 24 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland