Planning a trip to maximize the time may seem like a piece of cake to many Fodorites but it's been a while and I would really appreciate your input.
~ Eight days in Paris with a side trip to Giverny in May. My BF and I arrive on Thursday, May 15 and depart on Friday, May 23. It has been her lifelong dream to go there and I was born and raised there until my teens.
~ Research so far has resulted in 6 Art museums: Marmottant, Orsay, Orangerie, Petit Palais, Louvre and Pompidou.
~ Trying to maximize the 4-day museum pass without it becoming overwhelming. I would have liked to avoid the weekend in the museums but that won't work with the 4 consecutive days. Figuring out the best for the ones opened on Modays and Tuesdays is probably the most complicated, despite having developed a table with all of the pertinent info for each.
~ The Conciergerie and Sainte Chapelle are also on the list.
~ Upon our arrival and once we have checked into our apt.(off rue de Rivoli bordering Marais), we will go (if nice weather via Batobus) and walk around the Eiffel Tower, lunch in Notre Dame area with dessert at Berthillion. Neither of us are interested in going up the tower. I would like to add a stop at the Salle Pleyel (Trocadéro) just for the vista of the tower with the fountains.
~ If I can figure how to get to Montmartre without climbing stairs, the that might be added to the list. My knees+stairs=incapacitated which reminds me is there a elevator to the top of the Arc de Triomphe?
~ Nightlife: one evening is planned seeing the Ballet at Opéra Garnier and another at Limonaire ( http://limonaire.free.fr )
I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL