My SO and I are visiting Mykonos July 17 & 18, and then heading down to Santorini July 19-25. Not sure where we will be staying in Mykonos, but we are staying in Firostefani in Santorini. We would like to stay in Mykonos Town, but I heard ATVs/scooters are not allowed there.
We would like to explore the island on our own by ATV or scooter/moped, but I have heard some mixed reviews for both. I am leaning more towards ATV option because it seems safer to be on 4 wheels, but I heard that ATVs have a hard time making it up hills.
Can anyone please let me know their experience with ATVs in Mykonos and/or Santorini? Specifically I am looking for answers to the following:
- Which do you recommend - ATV or Scooter?
- How much are they?
- Where to get the best deals?
- Where to get ATVs that can be sure to make it uphill?
- Are there any ATVs that would be able to fit 2 people, AND make it uphill?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Budapest language lessons
- 5 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 Alsace to Austria?
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Private Guide in Lyon
- 13 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 14 Budapest Card
- 15 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?