I will be traveling to Barcelona alone in April for a week.
I have read about the horrors of the city being the pick-pocket capital of the world. Having had near misses in France and Italy, I am not knew to this.
Would love to hear back from women who have traveled to Barcelona or similar cities solo. Besides the common sense tips, of not being out late, not carrying a purse, dressing like locals etc, I wondered if you had advice to enjoy the city.
I can run, have taken some karate and have lived in NYC...
Many thanks for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 2 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 3 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Uffizi Phone Number
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 17 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Gites in Provence
- 20 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 21 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 22 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 23 4 days in Provence in early June
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?