I will be traveling to Barcelona alone in April for a week.
I have read about the horrors of the city being the pick-pocket capital of the world. Having had near misses in France and Italy, I am not knew to this.
Would love to hear back from women who have traveled to Barcelona or similar cities solo. Besides the common sense tips, of not being out late, not carrying a purse, dressing like locals etc, I wondered if you had advice to enjoy the city.
I can run, have taken some karate and have lived in NYC...
Many thanks for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 How to hire a private cook in Algarve
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 "Too Much Cows"
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Rome -- The next time around
- 13 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 18 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Crete Holiday
- 24 Christmas in Italy
- 25 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!