I will be traveling to Barcelona alone in April for a week.
I have read about the horrors of the city being the pick-pocket capital of the world. Having had near misses in France and Italy, I am not knew to this.
Would love to hear back from women who have traveled to Barcelona or similar cities solo. Besides the common sense tips, of not being out late, not carrying a purse, dressing like locals etc, I wondered if you had advice to enjoy the city.
I can run, have taken some karate and have lived in NYC...
Many thanks for reading.
Attention: Women who have traveled alone in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 3 kids to italy
- 3 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 4 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 5 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 6 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 7 Local Tour in Provence?
- 8 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 9 Advice needed/Carcasonne to Dordogne
- 10 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 11 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 12 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 13 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 14 Madrid Bajaras to Salamanca
- 15 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Luxury accommodation in historic center of Rome? Where would you stay?
- 18 B&B recommendations in Cotswolds or Chartwell area
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Lavender Fields
- 23 bath or york
- 24 Rail tickets
- 25 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014