I will be traveling to Barcelona alone in April for a week.
I have read about the horrors of the city being the pick-pocket capital of the world. Having had near misses in France and Italy, I am not knew to this.
Would love to hear back from women who have traveled to Barcelona or similar cities solo. Besides the common sense tips, of not being out late, not carrying a purse, dressing like locals etc, I wondered if you had advice to enjoy the city.
I can run, have taken some karate and have lived in NYC...
Many thanks for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 2 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 3 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 4 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Lost ring
- 7 First trip to Italy
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 10 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 11 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 12 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 13 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 14 First Time Solo Travel info
- 15 Oxford 24 hours
- 16 Andalucia in December
- 17 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 18 Budapest Hotels
- 19 Vienna or Budapest?
- 20 Sliema, Malta
- 21 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 22 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 23 London's Must Sights!
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Apartment Review - Amsterdam