I will be traveling to Barcelona alone in April for a week.
I have read about the horrors of the city being the pick-pocket capital of the world. Having had near misses in France and Italy, I am not knew to this.
Would love to hear back from women who have traveled to Barcelona or similar cities solo. Besides the common sense tips, of not being out late, not carrying a purse, dressing like locals etc, I wondered if you had advice to enjoy the city.
I can run, have taken some karate and have lived in NYC...
Many thanks for reading.
Attention: Women who have traveled alone in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 2 France to Italy advice needed please
- 3 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 4 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 5 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 6 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 7 rail pass
- 8 April in Madrid
- 9 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 10 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 11 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 12 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 13 mallorca
- 14 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 15 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 16 Using Obb website
- 17 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 18 Age for booking a hotel?
- 19 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 20 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 21 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 22 Paris winter sales
- 23 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 24 Spanish Music
- 25 Should I buy Euro's now?