I will be traveling to Barcelona alone in April for a week.
I have read about the horrors of the city being the pick-pocket capital of the world. Having had near misses in France and Italy, I am not knew to this.
Would love to hear back from women who have traveled to Barcelona or similar cities solo. Besides the common sense tips, of not being out late, not carrying a purse, dressing like locals etc, I wondered if you had advice to enjoy the city.
I can run, have taken some karate and have lived in NYC...
Many thanks for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets 2017
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 7 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 8 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 9 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 10 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 11 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 12 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 13 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 14 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 15 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 16 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 17 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 18 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 19 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 20 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 21 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 22 Appenzell in December?
- 23 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 Notes on St. Petersburg