My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Greece for two weeks at the end of May into early June. We are very excited as the focus of the trip will be on relaxing on the islands, enjoying the views and the food and wine. However, we have one full day and a half day in Athens, as we would like to see the "highlights." Hopefully in the future we will come back and spend more time really digging into the city, but this trip we only have one day. My question is, should we spend the money to do a private tour? We obviously want to see the Acropolis, as well as the Ancient Agora. I'm assuming this will require most of the day. Is it worth it to have someone show us around not only for the extra information, but as a way to saving time and knowing our way around? We are open to suggestion. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les Invalides Night Show
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Which Day?
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 10 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 14 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 19 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 22 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 23 Shorts in South of France?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Europe itinerary help!