My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Greece for two weeks at the end of May into early June. We are very excited as the focus of the trip will be on relaxing on the islands, enjoying the views and the food and wine. However, we have one full day and a half day in Athens, as we would like to see the "highlights." Hopefully in the future we will come back and spend more time really digging into the city, but this trip we only have one day. My question is, should we spend the money to do a private tour? We obviously want to see the Acropolis, as well as the Ancient Agora. I'm assuming this will require most of the day. Is it worth it to have someone show us around not only for the extra information, but as a way to saving time and knowing our way around? We are open to suggestion. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 4 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 5 Norway Itinerary
- 6 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 7 train or plane
- 8 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 11 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 12 Germany in December Trip Report
- 13 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 14 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 15 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 16 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 17 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 18 Planning a European Trip
- 19 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 20 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 21 Italy for Christmas Week
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016