My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Greece for two weeks at the end of May into early June. We are very excited as the focus of the trip will be on relaxing on the islands, enjoying the views and the food and wine. However, we have one full day and a half day in Athens, as we would like to see the "highlights." Hopefully in the future we will come back and spend more time really digging into the city, but this trip we only have one day. My question is, should we spend the money to do a private tour? We obviously want to see the Acropolis, as well as the Ancient Agora. I'm assuming this will require most of the day. Is it worth it to have someone show us around not only for the extra information, but as a way to saving time and knowing our way around? We are open to suggestion. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 2 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Piedmont question
- 9 Insurance on rental car options
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 12 Italy in January?
- 13 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 14 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 15 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 16 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 18 Top Tapas Tascas
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 21 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 24 Keukenhof in May?
- 25 Happy birthday ATM