My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Greece for two weeks at the end of May into early June. We are very excited as the focus of the trip will be on relaxing on the islands, enjoying the views and the food and wine. However, we have one full day and a half day in Athens, as we would like to see the "highlights." Hopefully in the future we will come back and spend more time really digging into the city, but this trip we only have one day. My question is, should we spend the money to do a private tour? We obviously want to see the Acropolis, as well as the Ancient Agora. I'm assuming this will require most of the day. Is it worth it to have someone show us around not only for the extra information, but as a way to saving time and knowing our way around? We are open to suggestion. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Ireland Trip
- 4 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 5 London is it worth it?
- 6 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 7 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 8 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 9 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 10 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 11 My first trip to Crete
- 12 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 13 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 14 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 15 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 16 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 17 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 18 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 19 Airport Transportation
- 20 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 21 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 22 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 23 London and Normandy
- 24 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 25 Early morning flight Venice/VCE