Hoping some people can help me with working out the best way to do Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki.
Athens to Delphi seems to be a bus, so my plan was to catch the 1030am bus Athens to Delphi on a Saturday and spend the afternoon there and stay over night.
On the Sunday catch a bus to Lamia and then a train from Lamia to Kalambaka. But I cant seem to find timetables and costs for the buses and trains.
Then spend the Sunday night, full day Monday and Tuesday in Kalampaka before leaving for Thessalonki on the train.
Is anyone able to offer more info on the Delphi to Kalambaka leg, and if there is a better way? I have looked into minibuses going direct between the two locations, but they want you to hire the whole bus, and as I am travelling alone this is very expensive.
Thanks in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Rome
- 2 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 16 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 17 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 18 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 19 Dublin Leap Card
- 20 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 21 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 22 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....