Hoping some people can help me with working out the best way to do Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki.
Athens to Delphi seems to be a bus, so my plan was to catch the 1030am bus Athens to Delphi on a Saturday and spend the afternoon there and stay over night.
On the Sunday catch a bus to Lamia and then a train from Lamia to Kalambaka. But I cant seem to find timetables and costs for the buses and trains.
Then spend the Sunday night, full day Monday and Tuesday in Kalampaka before leaving for Thessalonki on the train.
Is anyone able to offer more info on the Delphi to Kalambaka leg, and if there is a better way? I have looked into minibuses going direct between the two locations, but they want you to hire the whole bus, and as I am travelling alone this is very expensive.
Thanks in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 14 Two days in Rome
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 17 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 18 PARIS
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Spain: train/rental car help
- 23 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville