Hoping some people can help me with working out the best way to do Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki.
Athens to Delphi seems to be a bus, so my plan was to catch the 1030am bus Athens to Delphi on a Saturday and spend the afternoon there and stay over night.
On the Sunday catch a bus to Lamia and then a train from Lamia to Kalambaka. But I cant seem to find timetables and costs for the buses and trains.
Then spend the Sunday night, full day Monday and Tuesday in Kalampaka before leaving for Thessalonki on the train.
Is anyone able to offer more info on the Delphi to Kalambaka leg, and if there is a better way? I have looked into minibuses going direct between the two locations, but they want you to hire the whole bus, and as I am travelling alone this is very expensive.
Thanks in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Visiting Zurich
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 6 Christmas in Spain
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Train travel to and from Paris
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Zadar or Sibenik
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 22 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!