our family will be visiting Greece for the first time in July. We have 12 days to spend and are "slow travelers" (typically, we pick a city, rent a flat and stay put for 2- 3 weeks with day trips sprinkled in). also we really try to avoid hiring, or renting a car.
That being said, Greece is not as conducive to this as some other destinations. So, the itinerary we are considering is as follows:
3 nights Athens
1 night Delphi
3 nights in Nafplio
4 nights in Naxos
1 night Athens
Is this reasonably slow paced or should something be eliminated (or added?)
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rent a Car?
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 Whistle stop family road trip
- 5 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 6 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 7 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 11 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 12 Zadar or Sibenik
- 13 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 15 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 16 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 17 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 18 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 21 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 25 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art