My sister and I (26 & 30 years old) are traveling to Greece from NYC on June 13 - 23 this year. Our flights are booked and we are just trying to figure out how to best split our time between the two islands given our flight times, and the TBD ferry times. Key question is where we stay on the 17th, as per below:
Fri 6/14: Leaving NYC
Sat 6/15: Arriving in Athens and connecting flight to Mykonos. Arriving Mykonos at 7:20pm. Overnight Mykonos.
Sun 6/16: Overnight Mykonos
Mon 6/17: Overnight Mykonos or Santorini??
Tues 6/18: Overnight Santorini
Weds 6/19: Overnight Santorini
Thurs 6/20: Overnight Santorini
Fri 6/21: Morning flight from Santorini to Athens arriving 12pm. Overnight Athens
Sat 6/22: Overnight Athens
Sun 6/23: Afternoon flight back to NYC
Based on this, do you think we should spend 3 nights in Mykonos and 3 in Santorini? Or do a 2/4 split? Ideally, we would love to find a morning ferry on 6/18 to get to Santorini early, since we have a early departure from Santorini on 6/21 and we want to spend enough time there. But so far, we have only seen afternoon and evening ferries from Mykonos to Santorini on the 17th and 18th. Is it still too early to have a full ferry schedule for June available? I have checked a few websites - based on the older posts - and only seen 3 or so ferries on both the 17th and 18th.
We were thinking of taking a later afternoon ferry into Santorini on the 17th, since it seems like Santorini has more things to do. But is two nights in Mykonos too little?
We still have to book hotels, so I would really appreciate some insight into this, especially the ferry schedules. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 7 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Driving through Paris
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna