My husband and I will be in Greece from late evening of 29th May until early morning 2nd of June so we have 3 full days to spare.
We have never been to Greece. We would really love to get up to Kalabaka/Meteora & see the monasteries and of course see the acropolis in Athens & any main sights.
Anybody know if we can do this in 3 days? And if so what would our best way of getting to the monasteries? Public transport, hire car?
Should we stay 2 nights in Kalabaka & 1 in Athens itself or vice versa? Our last night being our fourth in Greece we are planning on staying at Athens Sofitel Airport hotel for early morning flight on the 2nd of June.
I would be so appreciative of any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Revised itinerary for italy
- 4 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 5 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 6 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 7 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 Amalfi Coast help
- 11 Paris Metro
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 A good book!!
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 21 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 CDG airport and connection time
Athens, Meteora 3 day itinerary help and any must see sights?