Late in October we (I, DH, and 16 year-old DD) will have 3 nights/2.75 days to enjoy Athens. Topping our list is eating and, naturally, sightseeing. This is the first visit for DH and myself; DD visited a few years ago for a sports tournament but only visited the Parthenon.
We will have no jet lag. Our lodging is in Plaka; and are we morning people willing to get an early head start on tourist crush. Food is rarely an issue, as we eat just about everything and at all budgets. The one caveat is that DH is working through ankle and knee therapy so we can not proceed at a breakneck pace.
1. Would hiking poles for the climb to the Acropolis be a good idea for DH? I think so?
2. What would be your top 3 (or 4) museums we might most appreciate for their broad appeal? We have visited and thoroughly enjoyed The Museum of Islamic Art, Doha. Might Benaki be too similar?
3. Any recommendations for memorable seafood meals?
4. Should we even contemplate a day trip? To where?
kja, should you be reading, I reviewed your Greece trip report and took notes. I do not think we can achieve your itinerary!
Thank you, everyone, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 4 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 7 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 8 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 9 Milan or Turin
- 10 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 19 Frankfurt to UK
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 God Save the Queen?
- 22 Road trip with our dog
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers