Late in October we (I, DH, and 16 year-old DD) will have 3 nights/2.75 days to enjoy Athens. Topping our list is eating and, naturally, sightseeing. This is the first visit for DH and myself; DD visited a few years ago for a sports tournament but only visited the Parthenon.
We will have no jet lag. Our lodging is in Plaka; and are we morning people willing to get an early head start on tourist crush. Food is rarely an issue, as we eat just about everything and at all budgets. The one caveat is that DH is working through ankle and knee therapy so we can not proceed at a breakneck pace.
1. Would hiking poles for the climb to the Acropolis be a good idea for DH? I think so?
2. What would be your top 3 (or 4) museums we might most appreciate for their broad appeal? We have visited and thoroughly enjoyed The Museum of Islamic Art, Doha. Might Benaki be too similar?
3. Any recommendations for memorable seafood meals?
4. Should we even contemplate a day trip? To where?
kja, should you be reading, I reviewed your Greece trip report and took notes. I do not think we can achieve your itinerary!
Thank you, everyone, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice