Late in October we (I, DH, and 16 year-old DD) will have 3 nights/2.75 days to enjoy Athens. Topping our list is eating and, naturally, sightseeing. This is the first visit for DH and myself; DD visited a few years ago for a sports tournament but only visited the Parthenon.
We will have no jet lag. Our lodging is in Plaka; and are we morning people willing to get an early head start on tourist crush. Food is rarely an issue, as we eat just about everything and at all budgets. The one caveat is that DH is working through ankle and knee therapy so we can not proceed at a breakneck pace.
1. Would hiking poles for the climb to the Acropolis be a good idea for DH? I think so?
2. What would be your top 3 (or 4) museums we might most appreciate for their broad appeal? We have visited and thoroughly enjoyed The Museum of Islamic Art, Doha. Might Benaki be too similar?
3. Any recommendations for memorable seafood meals?
4. Should we even contemplate a day trip? To where?
kja, should you be reading, I reviewed your Greece trip report and took notes. I do not think we can achieve your itinerary!
Thank you, everyone, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 4 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 7 Norway Honeymoon
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Schengen Rule
- 10 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 11 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 12 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 13 Our future trip to Greece
- 14 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 17 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 18 Quizz !
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 Pay attention to your watches !
- 21 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 22 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Christmas Day in Granada
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy