Late in October we (I, DH, and 16 year-old DD) will have 3 nights/2.75 days to enjoy Athens. Topping our list is eating and, naturally, sightseeing. This is the first visit for DH and myself; DD visited a few years ago for a sports tournament but only visited the Parthenon.
We will have no jet lag. Our lodging is in Plaka; and are we morning people willing to get an early head start on tourist crush. Food is rarely an issue, as we eat just about everything and at all budgets. The one caveat is that DH is working through ankle and knee therapy so we can not proceed at a breakneck pace.
1. Would hiking poles for the climb to the Acropolis be a good idea for DH? I think so?
2. What would be your top 3 (or 4) museums we might most appreciate for their broad appeal? We have visited and thoroughly enjoyed The Museum of Islamic Art, Doha. Might Benaki be too similar?
3. Any recommendations for memorable seafood meals?
4. Should we even contemplate a day trip? To where?
kja, should you be reading, I reviewed your Greece trip report and took notes. I do not think we can achieve your itinerary!
Thank you, everyone, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ALPINE 1888 260 2909 Installation renewal contact ALPINE tec*h
- 2 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 3 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 7 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 8 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 9 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 10 Russia in two weeks in December
- 11 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 12 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 13 Norway Honeymoon
- 14 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 15 Schengen Rule
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 20 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 24 9 Days in Spain
- 25 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)