I am attending my grand-niece's Christening in Athens in September. It will be in a Greek Orthodox church. What is appropriate for a woman to wear? Touring churches in Europe I find shoulders should be covered. Sometimes knees should be covered. Does this apply? Are pants on women appropriate? Also, should the men wear a tie? Several of us non-Greek family members from the US are attending and want to dress appropriately for the occasion. Thanks.
Athens Baptism- What to wear to Greek Orthodox Church
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 2 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 3 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 4 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Where to go in France mid July?
- 7 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 8 Help with England/Wales tour
- 9 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 10 Cruise the River Shannon
- 11 Is Venice really dirty?
- 12 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 Ireland or Scotland
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Italy in October 2015
- 17 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 20 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 trip to norway
- 24 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 25 My notes on Greece 101