My husband and I would like to babymoon/1st anniversary around Western Europe in June. We were thinking of leaving Hawaii on the 1st and leaving Europe around the 18th. We would like to fly roundtrip out of London (LHR).
We have experience traveling in Japan, but I think Europe might be a different animal.
Because it's our first trip, we aren't looking to do anything too ambitious. We'd like to stay in the following cities:
MAYBE somewhere in the Swiss Alps (but I honestly don't know enough about the Alps to say what city)
Somewhere in Italy (Rome? That seems to be the most popular destination.)
WIth travel time from Hawaii, we probably won't even be in London until June 3, so we're looking at 15 or 16 days.
The problem is, I'm not really sure of the best way to get to and from these cities. In Japan, you get the railpass and you're done for the entire country, but I've been reading conflicting information online about rail vs discount airlines when it comes to Europe.
I'm sure we'll be using the local trains/busses within each city we visit (will the railpass be beneficial there?)
In addition, when it comes to areas like the Alps or Italy, I'm not exactly sure where to go.
We like to sightsee, eat, and people watch. I'm thinking we'll definitely fly from Rome back to London before heading home.
Please lend me your experience and advice in terms of making this happen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores
- 2 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 10 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 11 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 14 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 15 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 16 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Day trip ideas