My husband and I would like to babymoon/1st anniversary around Western Europe in June. We were thinking of leaving Hawaii on the 1st and leaving Europe around the 18th. We would like to fly roundtrip out of London (LHR).
We have experience traveling in Japan, but I think Europe might be a different animal.
Because it's our first trip, we aren't looking to do anything too ambitious. We'd like to stay in the following cities:
MAYBE somewhere in the Swiss Alps (but I honestly don't know enough about the Alps to say what city)
Somewhere in Italy (Rome? That seems to be the most popular destination.)
WIth travel time from Hawaii, we probably won't even be in London until June 3, so we're looking at 15 or 16 days.
The problem is, I'm not really sure of the best way to get to and from these cities. In Japan, you get the railpass and you're done for the entire country, but I've been reading conflicting information online about rail vs discount airlines when it comes to Europe.
I'm sure we'll be using the local trains/busses within each city we visit (will the railpass be beneficial there?)
In addition, when it comes to areas like the Alps or Italy, I'm not exactly sure where to go.
We like to sightsee, eat, and people watch. I'm thinking we'll definitely fly from Rome back to London before heading home.
Please lend me your experience and advice in terms of making this happen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Road trip with our dog
- 5 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 6 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 7 Douro Valley in January?
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 11 Munich and....???
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 italy Cinque Terre
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 19 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 20 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 21 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Can parking
- 25 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy