My husband and I would like to babymoon/1st anniversary around Western Europe in June. We were thinking of leaving Hawaii on the 1st and leaving Europe around the 18th. We would like to fly roundtrip out of London (LHR).
We have experience traveling in Japan, but I think Europe might be a different animal.
Because it's our first trip, we aren't looking to do anything too ambitious. We'd like to stay in the following cities:
MAYBE somewhere in the Swiss Alps (but I honestly don't know enough about the Alps to say what city)
Somewhere in Italy (Rome? That seems to be the most popular destination.)
WIth travel time from Hawaii, we probably won't even be in London until June 3, so we're looking at 15 or 16 days.
The problem is, I'm not really sure of the best way to get to and from these cities. In Japan, you get the railpass and you're done for the entire country, but I've been reading conflicting information online about rail vs discount airlines when it comes to Europe.
I'm sure we'll be using the local trains/busses within each city we visit (will the railpass be beneficial there?)
In addition, when it comes to areas like the Alps or Italy, I'm not exactly sure where to go.
We like to sightsee, eat, and people watch. I'm thinking we'll definitely fly from Rome back to London before heading home.
Please lend me your experience and advice in terms of making this happen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting places to visit
- 2 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 3 Acropolis Athens
- 4 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Swiss Travel Pass
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 16 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 17 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 18 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 19 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 22 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 23 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 24 Train help for Prague
- 25 driving from prague to salzburg