We are in Italy finally! And we have a quick question we need some help on. Since we are traveling with the baby and he keeps tiring out before the late dinner hour we are wanting to be able to ask at restaurants for carry out or take out. Its fine for my husband to go back out during the meal hour but we've been a little unsure whether this is done here and how to ask for it. We've figured out we can get pizza anytime and always pick up a sandwich for later, but we'd love to be able to sample some of the wonderful dinner cuisine even on the nights when the baby dictates we get him home and in bed earlier. So, 1) how do we ask for it--my italian dictionary I can't find the expression take out or carry out. 2) is there any types of restaurants that will be more prone to honor this request or are any just as likely to be able to accomodate.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 2 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 5 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 6 Munich Under Attack...
- 7 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 8 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 9 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 10 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 11 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 12 From Genoa to Rome...
- 13 Greece Itinerary
- 14 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 15 Spain in November
- 16 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 17 3 Days in Naples...
- 18 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 19 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 20 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 21 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 22 Dentix in Spain
- 23 First trip - destination advice!
- 24 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 25 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)