We are in Italy finally! And we have a quick question we need some help on. Since we are traveling with the baby and he keeps tiring out before the late dinner hour we are wanting to be able to ask at restaurants for carry out or take out. Its fine for my husband to go back out during the meal hour but we've been a little unsure whether this is done here and how to ask for it. We've figured out we can get pizza anytime and always pick up a sandwich for later, but we'd love to be able to sample some of the wonderful dinner cuisine even on the nights when the baby dictates we get him home and in bed earlier. So, 1) how do we ask for it--my italian dictionary I can't find the expression take out or carry out. 2) is there any types of restaurants that will be more prone to honor this request or are any just as likely to be able to accomodate.
Asking for "take out"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Working Holiday in Germany
- 2 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 3 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Itinerary advise needed
- 6 Is this the right way<>?
- 7 4 weeks in the UK
- 8 Does Roma Pass covers free admission to Colosseum ?
- 9 Solo in Paris for a month: Help me decide on Side Trips
- 10 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 11 Provence in November
- 12 Rome Areas to stay
- 13 Italy 14 days
- 14 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 15 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 16 When to go to Sicily
- 17 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 18 Kimhe--flamenco
- 19 Wengen to Torino?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 22 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 23 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 24 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks