We are in Italy finally! And we have a quick question we need some help on. Since we are traveling with the baby and he keeps tiring out before the late dinner hour we are wanting to be able to ask at restaurants for carry out or take out. Its fine for my husband to go back out during the meal hour but we've been a little unsure whether this is done here and how to ask for it. We've figured out we can get pizza anytime and always pick up a sandwich for later, but we'd love to be able to sample some of the wonderful dinner cuisine even on the nights when the baby dictates we get him home and in bed earlier. So, 1) how do we ask for it--my italian dictionary I can't find the expression take out or carry out. 2) is there any types of restaurants that will be more prone to honor this request or are any just as likely to be able to accomodate.
Asking for "take out"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 2 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 6 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 7 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 8 Santorini
- 9 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Foie gras, redux
- 12 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 13 Questions for my German friends
- 14 Chip but no PIN
- 15 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 16 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 17 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 18 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Airport to Piraeus
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 25 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)