We are in Italy finally! And we have a quick question we need some help on. Since we are traveling with the baby and he keeps tiring out before the late dinner hour we are wanting to be able to ask at restaurants for carry out or take out. Its fine for my husband to go back out during the meal hour but we've been a little unsure whether this is done here and how to ask for it. We've figured out we can get pizza anytime and always pick up a sandwich for later, but we'd love to be able to sample some of the wonderful dinner cuisine even on the nights when the baby dictates we get him home and in bed earlier. So, 1) how do we ask for it--my italian dictionary I can't find the expression take out or carry out. 2) is there any types of restaurants that will be more prone to honor this request or are any just as likely to be able to accomodate.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples + Walking Tour
- 2 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 3 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 4 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 5 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 6 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 7 Algarve - is it for me?
- 8 TIM in FCO - update
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 12 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 17 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 18 Madrid food advice needed
- 19 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 22 Paris for children
- 23 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 24 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 25 Need hotel in Athens