We are in Italy finally! And we have a quick question we need some help on. Since we are traveling with the baby and he keeps tiring out before the late dinner hour we are wanting to be able to ask at restaurants for carry out or take out. Its fine for my husband to go back out during the meal hour but we've been a little unsure whether this is done here and how to ask for it. We've figured out we can get pizza anytime and always pick up a sandwich for later, but we'd love to be able to sample some of the wonderful dinner cuisine even on the nights when the baby dictates we get him home and in bed earlier. So, 1) how do we ask for it--my italian dictionary I can't find the expression take out or carry out. 2) is there any types of restaurants that will be more prone to honor this request or are any just as likely to be able to accomodate.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 4 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 5 Iceland for Nine Days
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 16 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 23 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 24 3 day trip to iceland
- 25 Alitala