We are in Italy finally! And we have a quick question we need some help on. Since we are traveling with the baby and he keeps tiring out before the late dinner hour we are wanting to be able to ask at restaurants for carry out or take out. Its fine for my husband to go back out during the meal hour but we've been a little unsure whether this is done here and how to ask for it. We've figured out we can get pizza anytime and always pick up a sandwich for later, but we'd love to be able to sample some of the wonderful dinner cuisine even on the nights when the baby dictates we get him home and in bed earlier. So, 1) how do we ask for it--my italian dictionary I can't find the expression take out or carry out. 2) is there any types of restaurants that will be more prone to honor this request or are any just as likely to be able to accomodate.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel vs. Babies
- 2 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 3 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 4 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 5 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 6 Italy - rental car damages query
- 7 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 10 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 11 20 Days in Europe
- 12 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 13 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 14 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 15 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 16 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 17 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 18 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 19 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 20 Verona and Lake Garda
- 21 European Cooking Secrets
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 24 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 25 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions