I have posted several times on Fodors and always get really great and helpful responses from the greatest travelers in the world. But I think this question may be my weirdest.
While hopefully i am no where near needing your advice, I do want time to think about it.
The question is quite simple: What is involved in spreading ones ashes in a foreign country? Since Switzerland is by far my favorite country of all those I have ever visited, I want my ashes taken to the top of the Jungfraujoch and released over the most beautiful mountains in the world. The three times I have visited it, the wind would carry them forever! Is this an asinine idea? Or do folks really do stuff like this. Some posters have reported spreading ashes in various lakes abroad. Do any of you have any experience/knowledge of doing this?
As I said, I am far off (I hope) of needing the information - but it will give me something to think about - and maybe put in my will. As always, thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Super Cover For Hertz
- 9 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 10 When to Visit Scotland
- 11 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 12 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Sicily
- 16 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 17 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 4 days itinerary for France