I have posted several times on Fodors and always get really great and helpful responses from the greatest travelers in the world. But I think this question may be my weirdest.
While hopefully i am no where near needing your advice, I do want time to think about it.
The question is quite simple: What is involved in spreading ones ashes in a foreign country? Since Switzerland is by far my favorite country of all those I have ever visited, I want my ashes taken to the top of the Jungfraujoch and released over the most beautiful mountains in the world. The three times I have visited it, the wind would carry them forever! Is this an asinine idea? Or do folks really do stuff like this. Some posters have reported spreading ashes in various lakes abroad. Do any of you have any experience/knowledge of doing this?
As I said, I am far off (I hope) of needing the information - but it will give me something to think about - and maybe put in my will. As always, thanks for your help.
Ashes to Ashes - A strange question!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 nearby cities to london
- 2 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 3 London hotel
- 4 Prague - Tram #22
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 11 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 12 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Where to stay in Rome
- 15 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 16 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 21 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 22 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 23 Sicily Suggetions
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.