I have posted several times on Fodors and always get really great and helpful responses from the greatest travelers in the world. But I think this question may be my weirdest.
While hopefully i am no where near needing your advice, I do want time to think about it.
The question is quite simple: What is involved in spreading ones ashes in a foreign country? Since Switzerland is by far my favorite country of all those I have ever visited, I want my ashes taken to the top of the Jungfraujoch and released over the most beautiful mountains in the world. The three times I have visited it, the wind would carry them forever! Is this an asinine idea? Or do folks really do stuff like this. Some posters have reported spreading ashes in various lakes abroad. Do any of you have any experience/knowledge of doing this?
As I said, I am far off (I hope) of needing the information - but it will give me something to think about - and maybe put in my will. As always, thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 2 Canon PRINTER##1-888-279-0246@@@ Canon Printer Tec*hnical Supp0rt Ph0ne/?/
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 8 renting a car in greece
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 retruning to US with souveniers
- 18 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 24 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?