I have posted several times on Fodors and always get really great and helpful responses from the greatest travelers in the world. But I think this question may be my weirdest.
While hopefully i am no where near needing your advice, I do want time to think about it.
The question is quite simple: What is involved in spreading ones ashes in a foreign country? Since Switzerland is by far my favorite country of all those I have ever visited, I want my ashes taken to the top of the Jungfraujoch and released over the most beautiful mountains in the world. The three times I have visited it, the wind would carry them forever! Is this an asinine idea? Or do folks really do stuff like this. Some posters have reported spreading ashes in various lakes abroad. Do any of you have any experience/knowledge of doing this?
As I said, I am far off (I hope) of needing the information - but it will give me something to think about - and maybe put in my will. As always, thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 3 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 4 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 5 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 8 I may be wrong....
- 9 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 10 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 11 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 16 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 17 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 18 French Wedding
- 19 Cornwall UK
- 20 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 21 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 22 Porto...Questions !
- 23 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 24 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London