I have posted several times on Fodors and always get really great and helpful responses from the greatest travelers in the world. But I think this question may be my weirdest.
While hopefully i am no where near needing your advice, I do want time to think about it.
The question is quite simple: What is involved in spreading ones ashes in a foreign country? Since Switzerland is by far my favorite country of all those I have ever visited, I want my ashes taken to the top of the Jungfraujoch and released over the most beautiful mountains in the world. The three times I have visited it, the wind would carry them forever! Is this an asinine idea? Or do folks really do stuff like this. Some posters have reported spreading ashes in various lakes abroad. Do any of you have any experience/knowledge of doing this?
As I said, I am far off (I hope) of needing the information - but it will give me something to think about - and maybe put in my will. As always, thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 7 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 10 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 14 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Help required with Itinerary