We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then will get to Milan to take train to Florence.. Thanks to this board we have good advice on the Swiss part, and now need advice on the Italy leg. Would like to go to Florence for 2 days and a Tuscan town for wineries for two days, then on to Venice,etc. What would be your recommendation for Tuscan town that's easy to get to from Florence, then easy to get to Venice, as we will not have a car? Many thanks.
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
Swiss Alps - 2 -days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Korean Messages
- 2 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 5 Days in Switzerland
- 5 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 6 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 7 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Getting to Bolivia
- 16 Budapest in December 2017
- 17 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 18 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 24 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 25 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!