We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then will get to Milan to take train to Florence.. Thanks to this board we have good advice on the Swiss part, and now need advice on the Italy leg. Would like to go to Florence for 2 days and a Tuscan town for wineries for two days, then on to Venice,etc. What would be your recommendation for Tuscan town that's easy to get to from Florence, then easy to get to Venice, as we will not have a car? Many thanks.
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
Swiss Alps - 2 -days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Italy in a week
- 5 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 10 Germany-Car or Train
- 11 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 Jewish Vienna
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Reaching the Lake District
- 16 Positano Hotel in September
- 17 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 18 Scotland itinerary advice
- 19 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 20 Brussels flower tapestry
- 21 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 22 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 23 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 24 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 25 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate