We are planning a two week trip end of June/July from US that has to begin/end in Zurich (business travel). The first 3-4 nights must be in Ascona, then will get to Milan to take train to Florence.. Thanks to this board we have good advice on the Swiss part, and now need advice on the Italy leg. Would like to go to Florence for 2 days and a Tuscan town for wineries for two days, then on to Venice,etc. What would be your recommendation for Tuscan town that's easy to get to from Florence, then easy to get to Venice, as we will not have a car? Many thanks.
Ascona - 3-4 days
Florence - 2 days
Tuscan town for wineries - 2 days (which is best given itinerary and no car)
Venice - 2-3 days
Swiss Alps - 2 -days
Zurich - 1-2 days - DEPARTURE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 2 Threat Level in UK
- 3 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 4 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 11 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Athens tour guide advice
- 14 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 17 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 18 Trip to Switzerland
- 19 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 23 IWM
- 24 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 25 One night in the Dolomites