New to Austria area, would love feedback on our very rough draft plans…
Things that I love to seek out when traveling: cheese, wine, yarn, knitting stores, visiting small villages that specialize in something handmade, freshly made butter, cows, chickens (I know, there’s a theme here) Trying new foods, herbs, small gardens. Not a big museum fan, rather roam streets and see what interesting shops or cafes we can find. Maybe tour one castle.
Not a big fan of crowds--really like to experience things as a local but can find value in soaking up culture in cities such as Innsbruck and Salzburg for a few days. We’d love to scout out an area that would be ideal for next summer when we could bring out 2 children back. Maybe a farm stay.
We're flying into Zurich because of our frequent flyer miles.
Day 1: Fly into Zurich and take 4 hour train to Innsbruck. Stay in Innsbruck and pick up rental car.
Day 2: 2nd night in Innsbruck (If we’re not touring museums, do we need another night in Innsbruck?)
Day 3: Drive to Heiligenblut. (1 night stay—suggestions on where to stay?)
Day 4: Drive to Hallstatt (suggestions on where to stay?)
Day 5: Drive to Salzburg (Looking for upscale country inn maybe on outskirts of Salzburg to be home base for next 3 days.)
Day 6: Salzburgerland area (Day trips--suggestions on small towns)
Day 7: Salzburgerland (Day trip) OVERNIGHT TRAIN FROM SALZBURG TO ZURICH (have not been able to get a lot of information on how to book or what sleeper options are available.)
Day 8: Fly out of Zurich mid morning.
Any suggestions? We're not "set" on any of these places. Very flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 중계 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 4 Switzerland in September
- 5 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 6 Where to eat in Rome?
- 7 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 8 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 15 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 16 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 17 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 18 Last minute trip to Capri
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 AMS Car Rental
- 21 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 22 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 23 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 24 weekend from cologne germany
- 25 9 day Trip to Scotland