New to Austria area, would love feedback on our very rough draft plans…
Things that I love to seek out when traveling: cheese, wine, yarn, knitting stores, visiting small villages that specialize in something handmade, freshly made butter, cows, chickens (I know, there’s a theme here) Trying new foods, herbs, small gardens. Not a big museum fan, rather roam streets and see what interesting shops or cafes we can find. Maybe tour one castle.
Not a big fan of crowds--really like to experience things as a local but can find value in soaking up culture in cities such as Innsbruck and Salzburg for a few days. We’d love to scout out an area that would be ideal for next summer when we could bring out 2 children back. Maybe a farm stay.
We're flying into Zurich because of our frequent flyer miles.
Day 1: Fly into Zurich and take 4 hour train to Innsbruck. Stay in Innsbruck and pick up rental car.
Day 2: 2nd night in Innsbruck (If we’re not touring museums, do we need another night in Innsbruck?)
Day 3: Drive to Heiligenblut. (1 night stay—suggestions on where to stay?)
Day 4: Drive to Hallstatt (suggestions on where to stay?)
Day 5: Drive to Salzburg (Looking for upscale country inn maybe on outskirts of Salzburg to be home base for next 3 days.)
Day 6: Salzburgerland area (Day trips--suggestions on small towns)
Day 7: Salzburgerland (Day trip) OVERNIGHT TRAIN FROM SALZBURG TO ZURICH (have not been able to get a lot of information on how to book or what sleeper options are available.)
Day 8: Fly out of Zurich mid morning.
Any suggestions? We're not "set" on any of these places. Very flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 2 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 3 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 4 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 5 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 6 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 7 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 10 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 11 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 12 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 13 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 14 Amsterdam in August
- 15 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 16 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 17 Seville Itinerary
- 18 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 19 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 20 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 21 First timers to Italy
- 22 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 23 Spello v. Spoleto as base for Umbria
- 24 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- 25 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin