New to Austria area, would love feedback on our very rough draft plans…
Things that I love to seek out when traveling: cheese, wine, yarn, knitting stores, visiting small villages that specialize in something handmade, freshly made butter, cows, chickens (I know, there’s a theme here) Trying new foods, herbs, small gardens. Not a big museum fan, rather roam streets and see what interesting shops or cafes we can find. Maybe tour one castle.
Not a big fan of crowds--really like to experience things as a local but can find value in soaking up culture in cities such as Innsbruck and Salzburg for a few days. We’d love to scout out an area that would be ideal for next summer when we could bring out 2 children back. Maybe a farm stay.
We're flying into Zurich because of our frequent flyer miles.
Day 1: Fly into Zurich and take 4 hour train to Innsbruck. Stay in Innsbruck and pick up rental car.
Day 2: 2nd night in Innsbruck (If we’re not touring museums, do we need another night in Innsbruck?)
Day 3: Drive to Heiligenblut. (1 night stay—suggestions on where to stay?)
Day 4: Drive to Hallstatt (suggestions on where to stay?)
Day 5: Drive to Salzburg (Looking for upscale country inn maybe on outskirts of Salzburg to be home base for next 3 days.)
Day 6: Salzburgerland area (Day trips--suggestions on small towns)
Day 7: Salzburgerland (Day trip) OVERNIGHT TRAIN FROM SALZBURG TO ZURICH (have not been able to get a lot of information on how to book or what sleeper options are available.)
Day 8: Fly out of Zurich mid morning.
Any suggestions? We're not "set" on any of these places. Very flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Croatia Itenerary
- 4 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 5 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 6 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 7 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 8 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 9 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 10 Bavaria in August
- 11 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 12 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 13 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 14 Bandol port of call
- 15 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 16 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 August
- 19 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 20 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 21 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 22 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 23 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Italy June 2016 - Attire?