This is my first post at Fodors, hope I have placed this topic under correct forum.
Me an my wife are scheduled to arrive at Rome FCO (30th May) and we will be spending a week in Italy and then travel to Swizterland and spend another week there and finally leave Zurich (on June 15th). Our Itinerary look like this -
Rome - Florence - Venice - (fly to) Basel - (train to) Interlaken - Montreux - Zermatt - Chur - Zurich.
All are train travel except from Venice to Basel. We currently have 3 check-in baggage (23Kg) and 2 Carry on (1 per person). Our actual travel is USA -> India -> Europe ->USA. Hence we have so many baggages!
(0) Is there any reliable, safe way to transfer few of our luggage to departing place Zurich from Rome and collect it a day before my departure (i.e. after two weeks) from Zurich?
(1) I have just two train journey in Italy, Do you think it is wise to carry luggage with us? Do trains have enough space to store big suitcases (23Kg)? Will I have to pay extra apart from ticket price to carry luggages?
(2) In Switzerland, I have quite a few train journey, so I really want to transfer few luggage to Zurich (Preferably from Italy itself, either from Rome or Venice), can you please throw-in some thoughts as to what we can do? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 2 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Portugal with large family
- 17 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 18 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Croatia
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Croatia trip Planning
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik
Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice