This is my first post at Fodors, hope I have placed this topic under correct forum.
Me an my wife are scheduled to arrive at Rome FCO (30th May) and we will be spending a week in Italy and then travel to Swizterland and spend another week there and finally leave Zurich (on June 15th). Our Itinerary look like this -
Rome - Florence - Venice - (fly to) Basel - (train to) Interlaken - Montreux - Zermatt - Chur - Zurich.
All are train travel except from Venice to Basel. We currently have 3 check-in baggage (23Kg) and 2 Carry on (1 per person). Our actual travel is USA -> India -> Europe ->USA. Hence we have so many baggages!
(0) Is there any reliable, safe way to transfer few of our luggage to departing place Zurich from Rome and collect it a day before my departure (i.e. after two weeks) from Zurich?
(1) I have just two train journey in Italy, Do you think it is wise to carry luggage with us? Do trains have enough space to store big suitcases (23Kg)? Will I have to pay extra apart from ticket price to carry luggages?
(2) In Switzerland, I have quite a few train journey, so I really want to transfer few luggage to Zurich (Preferably from Italy itself, either from Rome or Venice), can you please throw-in some thoughts as to what we can do? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport question
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 4 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 5 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 6 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 7 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 8 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 9 Imbros Gorge
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 13 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 14 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 17 38 Days in Paris
- 18 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 19 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 20 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 23 How the kids age calculated
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice