This is my first post at Fodors, hope I have placed this topic under correct forum.
Me an my wife are scheduled to arrive at Rome FCO (30th May) and we will be spending a week in Italy and then travel to Swizterland and spend another week there and finally leave Zurich (on June 15th). Our Itinerary look like this -
Rome - Florence - Venice - (fly to) Basel - (train to) Interlaken - Montreux - Zermatt - Chur - Zurich.
All are train travel except from Venice to Basel. We currently have 3 check-in baggage (23Kg) and 2 Carry on (1 per person). Our actual travel is USA -> India -> Europe ->USA. Hence we have so many baggages!
(0) Is there any reliable, safe way to transfer few of our luggage to departing place Zurich from Rome and collect it a day before my departure (i.e. after two weeks) from Zurich?
(1) I have just two train journey in Italy, Do you think it is wise to carry luggage with us? Do trains have enough space to store big suitcases (23Kg)? Will I have to pay extra apart from ticket price to carry luggages?
(2) In Switzerland, I have quite a few train journey, so I really want to transfer few luggage to Zurich (Preferably from Italy itself, either from Rome or Venice), can you please throw-in some thoughts as to what we can do? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Greece mainland and islands
- 7 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 8 Lyon france-- rental car
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Switzerland in September
- 11 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 13 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 14 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 milano trip
- 18 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 21 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 22 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice