This is my first post at Fodors, hope I have placed this topic under correct forum.
Me an my wife are scheduled to arrive at Rome FCO (30th May) and we will be spending a week in Italy and then travel to Swizterland and spend another week there and finally leave Zurich (on June 15th). Our Itinerary look like this -
Rome - Florence - Venice - (fly to) Basel - (train to) Interlaken - Montreux - Zermatt - Chur - Zurich.
All are train travel except from Venice to Basel. We currently have 3 check-in baggage (23Kg) and 2 Carry on (1 per person). Our actual travel is USA -> India -> Europe ->USA. Hence we have so many baggages!
(0) Is there any reliable, safe way to transfer few of our luggage to departing place Zurich from Rome and collect it a day before my departure (i.e. after two weeks) from Zurich?
(1) I have just two train journey in Italy, Do you think it is wise to carry luggage with us? Do trains have enough space to store big suitcases (23Kg)? Will I have to pay extra apart from ticket price to carry luggages?
(2) In Switzerland, I have quite a few train journey, so I really want to transfer few luggage to Zurich (Preferably from Italy itself, either from Rome or Venice), can you please throw-in some thoughts as to what we can do? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice