My wife (28) and I (29) arrive in Athens at 12:30 on June 24. We are taking Delta's direct flight from JFK and are staying at Amalia Hotel near Syntagma Square. We have 4 nights in Athens before we leave for Naxos for 5 nights and then Santorini for 3 nights. This is our first visit to Greece and are excited to explore the culture and history of these three locations. We have some days planned, but also have some days open to plan on the go.
My question concerns are arrival day. I was thinking of visiting the Acropolis Museum. I figured we could get there by 16:00 and then stay till close (20:00). We could also eat at the restaurant. Then, I was thinking we could go to the Odeon of Herodes Atticus for the performance of Kiss Me Kate by the Athens Camerata, which starts at 9:00.
Is this plan too ambitious for an arrival day after an overnight international flight? I have never flown to Europe, so not sure how jet lag will impact me. Do you think tickets for the performance at the Odeon would be available that night? Does anybody have a different suggestion for an arrival day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Can parking
- 9 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 10 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 11 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 16 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 17 Douro Valley in January?
- 18 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 19 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 20 Munich and....???
- 21 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 22 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!