My wife (28) and I (29) arrive in Athens at 12:30 on June 24. We are taking Delta's direct flight from JFK and are staying at Amalia Hotel near Syntagma Square. We have 4 nights in Athens before we leave for Naxos for 5 nights and then Santorini for 3 nights. This is our first visit to Greece and are excited to explore the culture and history of these three locations. We have some days planned, but also have some days open to plan on the go.
My question concerns are arrival day. I was thinking of visiting the Acropolis Museum. I figured we could get there by 16:00 and then stay till close (20:00). We could also eat at the restaurant. Then, I was thinking we could go to the Odeon of Herodes Atticus for the performance of Kiss Me Kate by the Athens Camerata, which starts at 9:00.
Is this plan too ambitious for an arrival day after an overnight international flight? I have never flown to Europe, so not sure how jet lag will impact me. Do you think tickets for the performance at the Odeon would be available that night? Does anybody have a different suggestion for an arrival day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://sexuallubricants.org/xcell-180
- 2 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 3 Sicily: which coast?
- 4 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 8 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Now to Madrid
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 3 days solo in London
- 13 Chania
- 14 Edinbrugh
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Hotels in Turin
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 19 Studying art in English in venice
- 20 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 23 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!