My wife (28) and I (29) arrive in Athens at 12:30 on June 24. We are taking Delta's direct flight from JFK and are staying at Amalia Hotel near Syntagma Square. We have 4 nights in Athens before we leave for Naxos for 5 nights and then Santorini for 3 nights. This is our first visit to Greece and are excited to explore the culture and history of these three locations. We have some days planned, but also have some days open to plan on the go.
My question concerns are arrival day. I was thinking of visiting the Acropolis Museum. I figured we could get there by 16:00 and then stay till close (20:00). We could also eat at the restaurant. Then, I was thinking we could go to the Odeon of Herodes Atticus for the performance of Kiss Me Kate by the Athens Camerata, which starts at 9:00.
Is this plan too ambitious for an arrival day after an overnight international flight? I have never flown to Europe, so not sure how jet lag will impact me. Do you think tickets for the performance at the Odeon would be available that night? Does anybody have a different suggestion for an arrival day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 8 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 11 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 Itinerary Help
- 19 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt