My wife (28) and I (29) arrive in Athens at 12:30 on June 24. We are taking Delta's direct flight from JFK and are staying at Amalia Hotel near Syntagma Square. We have 4 nights in Athens before we leave for Naxos for 5 nights and then Santorini for 3 nights. This is our first visit to Greece and are excited to explore the culture and history of these three locations. We have some days planned, but also have some days open to plan on the go.
My question concerns are arrival day. I was thinking of visiting the Acropolis Museum. I figured we could get there by 16:00 and then stay till close (20:00). We could also eat at the restaurant. Then, I was thinking we could go to the Odeon of Herodes Atticus for the performance of Kiss Me Kate by the Athens Camerata, which starts at 9:00.
Is this plan too ambitious for an arrival day after an overnight international flight? I have never flown to Europe, so not sure how jet lag will impact me. Do you think tickets for the performance at the Odeon would be available that night? Does anybody have a different suggestion for an arrival day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escorted Tours
- 2 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 3 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Ludwig Castles
- 7 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 8 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 What tips can you give about packing?
- 15 Le Marche, Italy
- 16 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 17 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 18 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 19 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 22 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 23 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 24 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 25 Experience with Earthbound Tours