The critics are writing favourable comments about the latest adaptation of Jayne Eyre's 'Wuthering Heights'. The Independent (UK newspaper) says that it is so close to nature its like being on one long hike. Close to nature it maybe but not close to the location, having been largely filmed in Swaledale - sumptuous nonetheless, and a good (albeit wet) insight into an overlooked Dale by the Lakes.
armchair travel courtesy of wuthering heights (latest film)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air pollution in Paris
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 gites de france or agritourism
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 14 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Nice or Marseille??
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 Dresden or Leipzig
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio