My husband, my parents and I are heading to Ireland in about a month for a week. We've got most of the trip planned, except for a 2.5 day space in the middle. We're looking for an area east of Cork (as we'll be heading back towards Dublin for our flight home) that is similar in its vibe & charm to Galway.
We've been to Galway in the past and love its character. We're looking for another area of Ireland that holds the same quaint feel as Galway, but also has some options for us for activities (or is close enough for day-trips), dinners & live music at night.
Does anyone have any suggestions for towns or cities that remind you of Galway?
Thank you so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Berlin
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 17 Germany or Sweden
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona