My husband, my parents and I are heading to Ireland in about a month for a week. We've got most of the trip planned, except for a 2.5 day space in the middle. We're looking for an area east of Cork (as we'll be heading back towards Dublin for our flight home) that is similar in its vibe & charm to Galway.
We've been to Galway in the past and love its character. We're looking for another area of Ireland that holds the same quaint feel as Galway, but also has some options for us for activities (or is close enough for day-trips), dinners & live music at night.
Does anyone have any suggestions for towns or cities that remind you of Galway?
Thank you so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Ireland Trip
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 4 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 5 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 6 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 10 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 11 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Cappadocia in June
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 16 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Ibiiza Spain
- 19 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 20 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 21 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 22 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 23 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 24 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 25 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples