My husband, my parents and I are heading to Ireland in about a month for a week. We've got most of the trip planned, except for a 2.5 day space in the middle. We're looking for an area east of Cork (as we'll be heading back towards Dublin for our flight home) that is similar in its vibe & charm to Galway.
We've been to Galway in the past and love its character. We're looking for another area of Ireland that holds the same quaint feel as Galway, but also has some options for us for activities (or is close enough for day-trips), dinners & live music at night.
Does anyone have any suggestions for towns or cities that remind you of Galway?
Thank you so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 4 Driving in Italy?
- 5 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 6 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 7 Croatia trip Planning
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 12 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 19 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 22 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 23 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)