My husband, my parents and I are heading to Ireland in about a month for a week. We've got most of the trip planned, except for a 2.5 day space in the middle. We're looking for an area east of Cork (as we'll be heading back towards Dublin for our flight home) that is similar in its vibe & charm to Galway.
We've been to Galway in the past and love its character. We're looking for another area of Ireland that holds the same quaint feel as Galway, but also has some options for us for activities (or is close enough for day-trips), dinners & live music at night.
Does anyone have any suggestions for towns or cities that remind you of Galway?
Thank you so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French election
- 2 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 3 French Election - Questions???
- 4 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 7 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 8 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 9 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 10 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 11 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 15 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report