My husband, my parents and I are heading to Ireland in about a month for a week. We've got most of the trip planned, except for a 2.5 day space in the middle. We're looking for an area east of Cork (as we'll be heading back towards Dublin for our flight home) that is similar in its vibe & charm to Galway.
We've been to Galway in the past and love its character. We're looking for another area of Ireland that holds the same quaint feel as Galway, but also has some options for us for activities (or is close enough for day-trips), dinners & live music at night.
Does anyone have any suggestions for towns or cities that remind you of Galway?
Thank you so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 2 Rent a Car?
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Whistle stop family road trip
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 8 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 9 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 10 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 11 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 12 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 13 Zadar or Sibenik
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 16 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 17 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 18 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 19 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 25 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)