My husband and I are thinking of going to Spain after we attend a wedding in London this June. This is the first time we will be to either London or Spain. We were thinking of Barcelona only since it is convenient from london by either plane or train. (not sure yet which one we want to do). So we have about 3-4 days to be in Barcelona. Have heard many negative things about certain areas to avoid esp at night. we are not night people anyway but my husband loves to take pictures of unusual architecture and I love Spainish wine and the food! And Barcelona seems pretty cool in that respect. We are both in our mid 50's and relatively active. I am leaning toward The Eixample . One hotel in particular that looks cool was Europark. Another option would be to stay at an apartment. Curious as to peoples recommendations.
areas in Barcelona that are safe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 5 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 6 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 7 Travel by train or bus
- 8 Medieval Tallinn
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 13 Advises for trip to Russia
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 17 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 18 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 19 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 20 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 21 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 25 How to get from airport to Venice city