My husband and I are thinking of going to Spain after we attend a wedding in London this June. This is the first time we will be to either London or Spain. We were thinking of Barcelona only since it is convenient from london by either plane or train. (not sure yet which one we want to do). So we have about 3-4 days to be in Barcelona. Have heard many negative things about certain areas to avoid esp at night. we are not night people anyway but my husband loves to take pictures of unusual architecture and I love Spainish wine and the food! And Barcelona seems pretty cool in that respect. We are both in our mid 50's and relatively active. I am leaning toward The Eixample . One hotel in particular that looks cool was Europark. Another option would be to stay at an apartment. Curious as to peoples recommendations.
areas in Barcelona that are safe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 2 What to wear
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 5 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 6 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 7 Buying Masks in Venice
- 8 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 9 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 10 Mask Making in Venice
- 11 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 12 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 13 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 14 Fashion for larger man?
- 15 Eating in France-two new books
- 16 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 25 Madrid and London