My husband and I are thinking of going to Spain after we attend a wedding in London this June. This is the first time we will be to either London or Spain. We were thinking of Barcelona only since it is convenient from london by either plane or train. (not sure yet which one we want to do). So we have about 3-4 days to be in Barcelona. Have heard many negative things about certain areas to avoid esp at night. we are not night people anyway but my husband loves to take pictures of unusual architecture and I love Spainish wine and the food! And Barcelona seems pretty cool in that respect. We are both in our mid 50's and relatively active. I am leaning toward The Eixample . One hotel in particular that looks cool was Europark. Another option would be to stay at an apartment. Curious as to peoples recommendations.
areas in Barcelona that are safe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 2 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 3 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 4 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 By train to and out of Prague
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Cylades Island Hopping
- 9 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Italy dolomites
- 12 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 13 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 14 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 15 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 16 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 17 Airport ATMs
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 20 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 22 year olds in Europe
- 24 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips