We are planning to visit London for a week. We are a family of 4 (2 kids of 7 and 10 years). Planning on renting an apartment on VRBO.
There seems to be so many options in the various Neighbourhoods, it is hard to narrow it down: Kensington, Covent Garden, Tower Hill (The City), Notting Hill, Bayswater, Belgravia, Pimlico, etc... It is overwhelming.
We are looking for a fun place where we can literally walk to a local Pub/restaurant/market, walk to some of the local attractions, or jump onto the tube. Not so loud that we will be woken up throughout the night, but not so dead that walking home after a day's touring, we are walking through a ghost town.
Any suggestions of which area(s) you suggest would be really helpful. That way, I can narrow it down on the VRBO map.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Madrid airport question
- 9 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 12 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 13 Imbros Gorge
- 14 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 15 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 16 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 17 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 18 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 25 Taxi Cost / Uber Question