We are planning to visit London for a week. We are a family of 4 (2 kids of 7 and 10 years). Planning on renting an apartment on VRBO.
There seems to be so many options in the various Neighbourhoods, it is hard to narrow it down: Kensington, Covent Garden, Tower Hill (The City), Notting Hill, Bayswater, Belgravia, Pimlico, etc... It is overwhelming.
We are looking for a fun place where we can literally walk to a local Pub/restaurant/market, walk to some of the local attractions, or jump onto the tube. Not so loud that we will be woken up throughout the night, but not so dead that walking home after a day's touring, we are walking through a ghost town.
Any suggestions of which area(s) you suggest would be really helpful. That way, I can narrow it down on the VRBO map.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 2 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 3 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 4 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 info Faro & Algarve
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 9 Nafplio to Hydra
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 Santorini lodging
- 15 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 16 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 17 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 20 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 23 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 24 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April