We are planning to visit London for a week. We are a family of 4 (2 kids of 7 and 10 years). Planning on renting an apartment on VRBO.
There seems to be so many options in the various Neighbourhoods, it is hard to narrow it down: Kensington, Covent Garden, Tower Hill (The City), Notting Hill, Bayswater, Belgravia, Pimlico, etc... It is overwhelming.
We are looking for a fun place where we can literally walk to a local Pub/restaurant/market, walk to some of the local attractions, or jump onto the tube. Not so loud that we will be woken up throughout the night, but not so dead that walking home after a day's touring, we are walking through a ghost town.
Any suggestions of which area(s) you suggest would be really helpful. That way, I can narrow it down on the VRBO map.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers