We are planning to visit London for a week. We are a family of 4 (2 kids of 7 and 10 years). Planning on renting an apartment on VRBO.
There seems to be so many options in the various Neighbourhoods, it is hard to narrow it down: Kensington, Covent Garden, Tower Hill (The City), Notting Hill, Bayswater, Belgravia, Pimlico, etc... It is overwhelming.
We are looking for a fun place where we can literally walk to a local Pub/restaurant/market, walk to some of the local attractions, or jump onto the tube. Not so loud that we will be woken up throughout the night, but not so dead that walking home after a day's touring, we are walking through a ghost town.
Any suggestions of which area(s) you suggest would be really helpful. That way, I can narrow it down on the VRBO map.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 5 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 6 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 7 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 9 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 2 weeks from southern italy
- 14 Another Question re Scotland
- 15 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 16 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 17 travel around Spain
- 18 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 21 credit and debit cards
- 22 Where to stay in Umbria
- 23 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 24 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 25 First Trip to Ireland