My favorite way to spend a summer is visiting various small towns and historic cities in Italy and France. Usually, I get started planning much sooner than this, but this year we have been remodeling our kitchen and a couple of other rooms. In fact, we're still in the process. Unfortunately, we've also been dealing with some health issues for DH which hopefully will have a good outcome. So this has me feeling like we should seize the day and enjoy every moment, while DH is more of the opinion that we've already spent more than enough this year. But all the money in the world can't buy health, so I'd really like to travel while we can.
That said, does anyone have any ideas for planning a somewhat last-minute trip for about 2-3 weeks this July? Last year we took our two teenage boys to Italy and they loved it. If you know of another family destination that would still offer warm weather, great food and beautiful art, with nice but not extravagant places to stay, we'd love suggestions.
(I originally posted this in the Lounge, and others suggested that I post here instead. I apologize for the double post.) Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 2 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 15 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 20 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice