My favorite way to spend a summer is visiting various small towns and historic cities in Italy and France. Usually, I get started planning much sooner than this, but this year we have been remodeling our kitchen and a couple of other rooms. In fact, we're still in the process. Unfortunately, we've also been dealing with some health issues for DH which hopefully will have a good outcome. So this has me feeling like we should seize the day and enjoy every moment, while DH is more of the opinion that we've already spent more than enough this year. But all the money in the world can't buy health, so I'd really like to travel while we can.
That said, does anyone have any ideas for planning a somewhat last-minute trip for about 2-3 weeks this July? Last year we took our two teenage boys to Italy and they loved it. If you know of another family destination that would still offer warm weather, great food and beautiful art, with nice but not extravagant places to stay, we'd love suggestions.
(I originally posted this in the Lounge, and others suggested that I post here instead. I apologize for the double post.) Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 6 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 7 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 10 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 11 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 17 Iceland for Nine Days
- 18 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 19 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 20 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 21 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 22 Rome or Venice first
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary