My favorite way to spend a summer is visiting various small towns and historic cities in Italy and France. Usually, I get started planning much sooner than this, but this year we have been remodeling our kitchen and a couple of other rooms. In fact, we're still in the process. Unfortunately, we've also been dealing with some health issues for DH which hopefully will have a good outcome. So this has me feeling like we should seize the day and enjoy every moment, while DH is more of the opinion that we've already spent more than enough this year. But all the money in the world can't buy health, so I'd really like to travel while we can.
That said, does anyone have any ideas for planning a somewhat last-minute trip for about 2-3 weeks this July? Last year we took our two teenage boys to Italy and they loved it. If you know of another family destination that would still offer warm weather, great food and beautiful art, with nice but not extravagant places to stay, we'd love suggestions.
(I originally posted this in the Lounge, and others suggested that I post here instead. I apologize for the double post.) Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Help please
- 3 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 4 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 9 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 10 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 11 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 14 Rome to venice
- 15 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 17 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 18 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Areas in Milan
- 21 Melia Colbert Paris
- 22 Perugia
- 23 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?