My favorite way to spend a summer is visiting various small towns and historic cities in Italy and France. Usually, I get started planning much sooner than this, but this year we have been remodeling our kitchen and a couple of other rooms. In fact, we're still in the process. Unfortunately, we've also been dealing with some health issues for DH which hopefully will have a good outcome. So this has me feeling like we should seize the day and enjoy every moment, while DH is more of the opinion that we've already spent more than enough this year. But all the money in the world can't buy health, so I'd really like to travel while we can.
That said, does anyone have any ideas for planning a somewhat last-minute trip for about 2-3 weeks this July? Last year we took our two teenage boys to Italy and they loved it. If you know of another family destination that would still offer warm weather, great food and beautiful art, with nice but not extravagant places to stay, we'd love suggestions.
(I originally posted this in the Lounge, and others suggested that I post here instead. I apologize for the double post.) Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Train travel
- 6 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 7 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 8 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 9 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 10 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 15 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 18 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 19 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 22 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 25 Appenzell in December?