i'm looking into an overnight train from Paris to La Spezia (with a 30 minute transfer in Milan around 5am). And another overnight train from La Spezia to Salerno (no transfer).
As a female traveling alone, is this concerned extremely unsafe, or will I be ok assuming I take precautions (sleep with money belt on, with my bag under me)? If I do take the night train, does anyone have any safety tips?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 5 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Frankfurt to UK
- 13 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Milan or Turin
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris
Are overnight sleeping compartment trains safe for a single female?