Ok so we are off to Puglia for two weeks from 19th May-2 June and hoping to not need to make too many advance restaurant bookies as we don't want to be tied to an exact itinery.
We hope to each out most lunch times and some evenings. We are staying in a villa between Monopoli and Fasano. And most evening meals will be in surrounding area with ventures further a field done at lunch
While I will be researching lots of different restaurants (not really fancy style/ more rustic ones) in different towns we hope to just arrive at lunchtime and pick one once we have had a wonder around.
Is this a silly idea? are most restaurants open late may for lunch. My boss went early May and said lots of places are closed...Should i at least book the evening reservations this time of year?
As i say would prefer to book as little as possible as we tend to change our day plans depending on weather/how we feel on the day.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 4 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 Alps Drive
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 Paris cooking classes
- 17 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 18 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 21 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Praiano
- 24 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 25 Help please
Are most restaurants open in Puglia late May? Need to book?