Ok so we are off to Puglia for two weeks from 19th May-2 June and hoping to not need to make too many advance restaurant bookies as we don't want to be tied to an exact itinery.
We hope to each out most lunch times and some evenings. We are staying in a villa between Monopoli and Fasano. And most evening meals will be in surrounding area with ventures further a field done at lunch
While I will be researching lots of different restaurants (not really fancy style/ more rustic ones) in different towns we hope to just arrive at lunchtime and pick one once we have had a wonder around.
Is this a silly idea? are most restaurants open late may for lunch. My boss went early May and said lots of places are closed...Should i at least book the evening reservations this time of year?
As i say would prefer to book as little as possible as we tend to change our day plans depending on weather/how we feel on the day.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 7 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
Are most restaurants open in Puglia late May? Need to book?