Ok so we are off to Puglia for two weeks from 19th May-2 June and hoping to not need to make too many advance restaurant bookies as we don't want to be tied to an exact itinery.
We hope to each out most lunch times and some evenings. We are staying in a villa between Monopoli and Fasano. And most evening meals will be in surrounding area with ventures further a field done at lunch
While I will be researching lots of different restaurants (not really fancy style/ more rustic ones) in different towns we hope to just arrive at lunchtime and pick one once we have had a wonder around.
Is this a silly idea? are most restaurants open late may for lunch. My boss went early May and said lots of places are closed...Should i at least book the evening reservations this time of year?
As i say would prefer to book as little as possible as we tend to change our day plans depending on weather/how we feel on the day.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 2 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 6 Itinerary Tweaking
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 16 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 17 Sicily
- 18 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Car rental from Barcelona
- 22 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Need help with itinerary & trains
Are most restaurants open in Puglia late May? Need to book?