Ok so we are off to Puglia for two weeks from 19th May-2 June and hoping to not need to make too many advance restaurant bookies as we don't want to be tied to an exact itinery.
We hope to each out most lunch times and some evenings. We are staying in a villa between Monopoli and Fasano. And most evening meals will be in surrounding area with ventures further a field done at lunch
While I will be researching lots of different restaurants (not really fancy style/ more rustic ones) in different towns we hope to just arrive at lunchtime and pick one once we have had a wonder around.
Is this a silly idea? are most restaurants open late may for lunch. My boss went early May and said lots of places are closed...Should i at least book the evening reservations this time of year?
As i say would prefer to book as little as possible as we tend to change our day plans depending on weather/how we feel on the day.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Shorts in South of France?
- 3 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 4 Camogli and surrounds
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty
Are most restaurants open in Puglia late May? Need to book?