Our plan was to stay in a nice house or apartment in the Praiano/Amalfi area for 7 days & make day trips from there. We will have car. We would like to go to Naples, Pompei/Vesuvius, Capri, the other coastal towns & Paestum. Maybe not all the above but hopefully most. Plus a day or two just to hang around our area. I've checked older threads & could not really find a good answer. The main question then is: Will we spend too much time driving back & forth to these places? I know the winding roads consume a lot of time. Is there a back way over the peninsula instead of always going along the coast? The house & area are great. I just don't want to be beat from driving too much. We did this last year in Tuscany & it worked out great. Of course the roads were mostly straight. I'm just concerned the winding roads will be too time consuming. I'm not concerned about the "scary" factor. I have done a lot of mountain & coastal driving. Has anybody ever done this before? And were your experiences good or bad? Thank you.
Are day trips from Praiano/Amalfi unrealistic? Too much driving?
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 3 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 4 Russia visa denials
- 5 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 6 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 7 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 8 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 9 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 10 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 11 Best area to stay in Rome
- 12 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 13 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 14 Am I too fat too travel?
- 15 Crete in April
- 16 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 17 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 18 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 19 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 20 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 21 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 22 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 23 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 24 Trip Report: 10 day trip (with lots of pictures!)
- 25 Paris Ticket t+