I have been traveling by train around England,Spain, France, Germany and Scotland for the past several years. I usually fly into Heathrow or Munich or Paris. My trips are about
6 - 8 weeks in length. I am a mature woman and I usually travel solo but I feel very
confident traveling throughout these countries. Usually base myself near a train station
except in London or Paris.
This year I would like to base myself in Dubrovnik (if it is feasible for train travel).I would
like to take day trips to other nearby countries I can visit by train.
I plan to begin travel in the beginning of May (seems easier to get business class ticket
Questions: Has anyone rented an apt in or around Dubrovnik?
I was thinking of flying into Milan or Venice and taking the ferry over. I would take
day trips by train travel. Is there a better city to fly into NS from either NYC or Miami?
Can anyone recommend an apt or an apt company they would recommend or even a
B&B? I don't plan to do cooking in the apt.
I would appreciate help from anyone really familiar with Dubrovnik. (I have been to Zagreb by train from Munich and don't want to go that far north.)
Will Dubrovnik be safe for a woman traveling alone?
I appreciate all of your help and ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 2 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 5 Budapest Hotels
- 6 First time in France
- 7 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 8 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 9 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 10 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 11 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 12 Portugal itinerary help
- 13 First Time Solo Travel info
- 14 Prague hotels
- 15 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 16 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 17 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 20 Munich
- 21 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 22 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th