I have been traveling by train around England,Spain, France, Germany and Scotland for the past several years. I usually fly into Heathrow or Munich or Paris. My trips are about
6 - 8 weeks in length. I am a mature woman and I usually travel solo but I feel very
confident traveling throughout these countries. Usually base myself near a train station
except in London or Paris.
This year I would like to base myself in Dubrovnik (if it is feasible for train travel).I would
like to take day trips to other nearby countries I can visit by train.
I plan to begin travel in the beginning of May (seems easier to get business class ticket
Questions: Has anyone rented an apt in or around Dubrovnik?
I was thinking of flying into Milan or Venice and taking the ferry over. I would take
day trips by train travel. Is there a better city to fly into NS from either NYC or Miami?
Can anyone recommend an apt or an apt company they would recommend or even a
B&B? I don't plan to do cooking in the apt.
I would appreciate help from anyone really familiar with Dubrovnik. (I have been to Zagreb by train from Munich and don't want to go that far north.)
Will Dubrovnik be safe for a woman traveling alone?
I appreciate all of your help and ideas.
Apt Rentals in Dubrovnik close to train station
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 2 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 London hotel
- 5 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 6 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 7 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 Hotel in Venice
- 12 hotels in Seville
- 13 London tube
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 16 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 17 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 18 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 19 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 20 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 21 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 25 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days