I have been traveling by train around England,Spain, France, Germany and Scotland for the past several years. I usually fly into Heathrow or Munich or Paris. My trips are about
6 - 8 weeks in length. I am a mature woman and I usually travel solo but I feel very
confident traveling throughout these countries. Usually base myself near a train station
except in London or Paris.
This year I would like to base myself in Dubrovnik (if it is feasible for train travel).I would
like to take day trips to other nearby countries I can visit by train.
I plan to begin travel in the beginning of May (seems easier to get business class ticket
Questions: Has anyone rented an apt in or around Dubrovnik?
I was thinking of flying into Milan or Venice and taking the ferry over. I would take
day trips by train travel. Is there a better city to fly into NS from either NYC or Miami?
Can anyone recommend an apt or an apt company they would recommend or even a
B&B? I don't plan to do cooking in the apt.
I would appreciate help from anyone really familiar with Dubrovnik. (I have been to Zagreb by train from Munich and don't want to go that far north.)
Will Dubrovnik be safe for a woman traveling alone?
I appreciate all of your help and ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 2 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 4 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 7 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 Bruges
- 10 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 18 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 19 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 23 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice