I have been traveling by train around England,Spain, France, Germany and Scotland for the past several years. I usually fly into Heathrow or Munich or Paris. My trips are about
6 - 8 weeks in length. I am a mature woman and I usually travel solo but I feel very
confident traveling throughout these countries. Usually base myself near a train station
except in London or Paris.
This year I would like to base myself in Dubrovnik (if it is feasible for train travel).I would
like to take day trips to other nearby countries I can visit by train.
I plan to begin travel in the beginning of May (seems easier to get business class ticket
Questions: Has anyone rented an apt in or around Dubrovnik?
I was thinking of flying into Milan or Venice and taking the ferry over. I would take
day trips by train travel. Is there a better city to fly into NS from either NYC or Miami?
Can anyone recommend an apt or an apt company they would recommend or even a
B&B? I don't plan to do cooking in the apt.
I would appreciate help from anyone really familiar with Dubrovnik. (I have been to Zagreb by train from Munich and don't want to go that far north.)
Will Dubrovnik be safe for a woman traveling alone?
I appreciate all of your help and ideas.
Apt Rentals in Dubrovnik close to train station
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 American Express
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Three ferries to Mull
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012