I have been traveling by train around England,Spain, France, Germany and Scotland for the past several years. I usually fly into Heathrow or Munich or Paris. My trips are about
6 - 8 weeks in length. I am a mature woman and I usually travel solo but I feel very
confident traveling throughout these countries. Usually base myself near a train station
except in London or Paris.
This year I would like to base myself in Dubrovnik (if it is feasible for train travel).I would
like to take day trips to other nearby countries I can visit by train.
I plan to begin travel in the beginning of May (seems easier to get business class ticket
Questions: Has anyone rented an apt in or around Dubrovnik?
I was thinking of flying into Milan or Venice and taking the ferry over. I would take
day trips by train travel. Is there a better city to fly into NS from either NYC or Miami?
Can anyone recommend an apt or an apt company they would recommend or even a
B&B? I don't plan to do cooking in the apt.
I would appreciate help from anyone really familiar with Dubrovnik. (I have been to Zagreb by train from Munich and don't want to go that far north.)
Will Dubrovnik be safe for a woman traveling alone?
I appreciate all of your help and ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 4 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 10 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 11 First time in London
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 16 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh