I have been traveling by train around England,Spain, France, Germany and Scotland for the past several years. I usually fly into Heathrow or Munich or Paris. My trips are about
6 - 8 weeks in length. I am a mature woman and I usually travel solo but I feel very
confident traveling throughout these countries. Usually base myself near a train station
except in London or Paris.
This year I would like to base myself in Dubrovnik (if it is feasible for train travel).I would
like to take day trips to other nearby countries I can visit by train.
I plan to begin travel in the beginning of May (seems easier to get business class ticket
Questions: Has anyone rented an apt in or around Dubrovnik?
I was thinking of flying into Milan or Venice and taking the ferry over. I would take
day trips by train travel. Is there a better city to fly into NS from either NYC or Miami?
Can anyone recommend an apt or an apt company they would recommend or even a
B&B? I don't plan to do cooking in the apt.
I would appreciate help from anyone really familiar with Dubrovnik. (I have been to Zagreb by train from Munich and don't want to go that far north.)
Will Dubrovnik be safe for a woman traveling alone?
I appreciate all of your help and ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 Piedmont as a destination
- 4 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 5 Things to do in Montpellier
- 6 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 7 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 8 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 9 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 10 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 11 Italy in 11 Days
- 12 French election
- 13 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Trip to Rome
- 16 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 17 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 18 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 19 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 20 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 21 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 22 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 23 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 24 3 week trip with children
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please