We're in early planning stages for a three-week trip to Paris...having previously stayed in many other parts of town (Marais, Latin Quarter, St. Germain, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th and 17th), we thought we'd give the Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas a try. Our wish list:
At least one full bedroom (no studios), in the comfortable - luxurious range (don't want a basic, no-frills apartment). Good kitchen and bathroom. wifi or other internet access. Washing machine. Stylish (but not ultra modern) decor. Well kept building with elevator (we don't want a ground floor apartment). An extra half-bath or two-bedroom, two-bath apt would be great (two baths are always appreciated and we can stick our luggage out of the way in the second bedroom).
Neighborhood with a selection of cafes and restaurants (would love to have good Vietnamese and Lebanese restaurants nearby and definitely want a good local boulangerie/patisserie). Close to public transportation (a given for most of Paris anyway). A good outdoor food market would be lovely. A tree lined street would be a bonus (we love seeing trees from city apartments)
Budget -- up to $1700 per week.
Your recommendations much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help please
- 2 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 3 Perugia
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 6 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 13 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 14 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 15 CDG much improved
- 16 Praiano
- 17 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 18 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 19 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 20 Norway fjord
- 21 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 22 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 23 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
Apt recs: Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas