We're in early planning stages for a three-week trip to Paris...having previously stayed in many other parts of town (Marais, Latin Quarter, St. Germain, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th and 17th), we thought we'd give the Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas a try. Our wish list:
At least one full bedroom (no studios), in the comfortable - luxurious range (don't want a basic, no-frills apartment). Good kitchen and bathroom. wifi or other internet access. Washing machine. Stylish (but not ultra modern) decor. Well kept building with elevator (we don't want a ground floor apartment). An extra half-bath or two-bedroom, two-bath apt would be great (two baths are always appreciated and we can stick our luggage out of the way in the second bedroom).
Neighborhood with a selection of cafes and restaurants (would love to have good Vietnamese and Lebanese restaurants nearby and definitely want a good local boulangerie/patisserie). Close to public transportation (a given for most of Paris anyway). A good outdoor food market would be lovely. A tree lined street would be a bonus (we love seeing trees from city apartments)
Budget -- up to $1700 per week.
Your recommendations much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Zurich to Milan trip
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 25 Norway Outside the Nutshell
Apt recs: Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas