We're in early planning stages for a three-week trip to Paris...having previously stayed in many other parts of town (Marais, Latin Quarter, St. Germain, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th and 17th), we thought we'd give the Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas a try. Our wish list:
At least one full bedroom (no studios), in the comfortable - luxurious range (don't want a basic, no-frills apartment). Good kitchen and bathroom. wifi or other internet access. Washing machine. Stylish (but not ultra modern) decor. Well kept building with elevator (we don't want a ground floor apartment). An extra half-bath or two-bedroom, two-bath apt would be great (two baths are always appreciated and we can stick our luggage out of the way in the second bedroom).
Neighborhood with a selection of cafes and restaurants (would love to have good Vietnamese and Lebanese restaurants nearby and definitely want a good local boulangerie/patisserie). Close to public transportation (a given for most of Paris anyway). A good outdoor food market would be lovely. A tree lined street would be a bonus (we love seeing trees from city apartments)
Budget -- up to $1700 per week.
Your recommendations much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 13 5 Days in Switzerland
- 14 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 19 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 25 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
Apt recs: Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas