We're in early planning stages for a three-week trip to Paris...having previously stayed in many other parts of town (Marais, Latin Quarter, St. Germain, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th and 17th), we thought we'd give the Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas a try. Our wish list:
At least one full bedroom (no studios), in the comfortable - luxurious range (don't want a basic, no-frills apartment). Good kitchen and bathroom. wifi or other internet access. Washing machine. Stylish (but not ultra modern) decor. Well kept building with elevator (we don't want a ground floor apartment). An extra half-bath or two-bedroom, two-bath apt would be great (two baths are always appreciated and we can stick our luggage out of the way in the second bedroom).
Neighborhood with a selection of cafes and restaurants (would love to have good Vietnamese and Lebanese restaurants nearby and definitely want a good local boulangerie/patisserie). Close to public transportation (a given for most of Paris anyway). A good outdoor food market would be lovely. A tree lined street would be a bonus (we love seeing trees from city apartments)
Budget -- up to $1700 per week.
Your recommendations much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 2 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 6 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 7 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 10 2 weeks from southern italy
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 13 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 14 travel around Spain
- 15 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 16 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 17 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 18 credit and debit cards
- 19 Where to stay in Umbria
- 20 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 21 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 22 First Trip to Ireland
- 23 Dalmation coast in October?
- 24 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 25 Confused on which train pass
Apt recs: Canal St. Martin or Parc des Buttes Chaumont areas