I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Itinerary help please!
- 3 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 4 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 5 From Genoa to Rome...
- 6 How big backpack do I need?
- 7 Holiday Itinerary
- 8 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 9 AVE train tickets questions.
- 10 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 11 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 15 Greece Itinerary
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 18 France to stop making foie grois
- 19 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 20 How much do i need?
- 21 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 23 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 24 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 25 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?