I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 2 Bosch Parade
- 3 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 4 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 5 Louis Vuitton/Prada/Gucci - cheaper in Paris/Madrid/London
- 6 Saver Fare vs Flexifare on Bahn.com
- 7 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 8 Need advice on Greek islands
- 9 SPAIN In 6 DAYS
- 10 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 11 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 12 Flying into Crete Chania - where to stay without a car?
- 13 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 14 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 15 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 16 http://testoxtrmadvice.com/celexas-male-enhancement/
- 17 prepaid sim card in Lithuania
- 18 Antwerp Tram
- 19 21 nights in England, please help
- 20 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 21 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 22 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 23 3/4/ days South of France
- 24 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 25 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)