I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 6 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 7 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 8 advance tickets?
- 9 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 17 Cordoba Overnight?
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 How the kids age calculated
- 22 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 23 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 24 What tips can you give about packing?
- 25 Beaune France