I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
April/May: Europe in 6 weeks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling home from abroad
- 2 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 3 Bike touring in France
- 4 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 5 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 6 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 7 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 8 Dordogne in October
- 9 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 10 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 11 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 12 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 13 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 14 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 17 Paris first then where?
- 18 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 19 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 20 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 21 CROATIA SPLIT
- 22 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 Does this sound feasible?
- 25 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome