I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
April/May: Europe in 6 weeks.
- 1 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 2 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 3 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 4 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 5 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 6 Italian train question
- 7 Do and don't, eating in France
- 8 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 9 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 10 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 11 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 12 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 13 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 14 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 15 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 16 Paris Ticket t+
- 17 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 18 Paris museums free admission
- 19 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 20 Am I too fat too travel?
- 21 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 22 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 23 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 24 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 25 Travelling within Florence and to Siena