I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 2 Florence pass yeh or neh
- 3 Bursa/Iznik
- 4 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 5 European Championship
- 6 Paris gtg in October?
- 7 Belgian airports
- 8 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Romantic Restaurants in Venice and Sunset Gondola Ride spots
- 11 Trains France/Switzerland
- 12 Is Venice overrated?
- 13 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 14 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 15 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 16 Greece Travel Advice
- 17 Lake Garda- Italy
- 18 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 19 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 20 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 21 Brussels Airport
- 22 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade
- 23 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 24 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 25 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?