I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 2 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 3 First Time Europe Trip
- 4 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 5 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 6 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 7 St Andrews advice
- 8 3 nights in Tuscany
- 9 Cordoba or Granada?
- 10 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 11 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 12 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 13 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 14 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 15 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 16 train from ams to paris
- 17 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 18 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 21 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 22 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 23 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Driving in Sicily: Help!