I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 2 2 weeks in France next May
- 3 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 4 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 5 Barcelona Apartment
- 6 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 7 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 8 12 days in Italy
- 9 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 10 Help with 16-night Sept-Oct Itinerary for Croatia
- 11 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 12 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 13 From Schipol to ?
- 14 Our Next Europe Trip
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 17 Journees du Patrimoine
- 18 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 19 Switzerland for Christmas 2015
- 20 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 21 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 22 Driving from stresa to milan expo
- 23 Car and Driver Milan Airport to Stresa
- 24 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 25 Flights from the UK to Rimini