I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Madrid
- 2 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 6 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 7 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Barcelona cooking classes
- 13 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 14 Naples, Italy
- 15 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 16 Where to buy Saffron?
- 17 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 18 Hotel in Vienna
- 19 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 20 English Countryside
- 21 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 22 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?