I've just begun to contemplate doing a backpacking trip to various countries in Europe from early April to mid May. I have some countries on my "wishlist" and would like your input on an itinerary/which cities to focus in on. I live in Canada and am thus used to colder weather but I don't want to sacrifice sights or the experience by going too early in the year. I tend to value stunning scenery, architecture, and culture in a trip, but do enjoy some art/major sites.
The plan would be to fly in one country and out another, using train/(CHEAP) air travel throughout.
Greece (thinking the Islands)
Turkey (thinking Istanbul)
Any input is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for travel
- 2 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 What to take to Germany
- 5 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 6 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 10 Holiday in Austria
- 11 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 14 4 week trip Turkey
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 20 What one thing in Paris?
- 21 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 24 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!