Thank you for viewing this post.
I am from Hong Kong, visited several Asian countries but never been to Europe before.
I am planning a trip to Europe during 2017 Easter, as a birthday gift at age 30.
My current plan (a very vague one) is:
Date: April 8 - 16, 2017.
Destination: Just one country, Germany OR Netherlands OR Belgium OR Finland OR Sweden OR Switzerland
Theme: Enjoy local life, food, scenery. (NO SHOPPING!)
I have no interest in enjoying 4/5-star restaurant/hotel, just want to live in a local lifestyle. However, I am a photo enthusiast and hope to have many good photos.
My current problem is:
1. If I visit a big country, then it may take hours to move among cities. I want to avoid the waste of time.
2. I am not afraid of cold weather, but I don’t like cloudy day.
3. A destination with a mixture of cityscape and nature would be great.
Would you please share your opinion on which country to choose? I also plan for a parachute jump but this is easy once my destination is decided.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Revised itinerary for italy
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Paris Metro
- 23 A good book!!
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)