Thank you for viewing this post.
I am from Hong Kong, visited several Asian countries but never been to Europe before.
I am planning a trip to Europe during 2017 Easter, as a birthday gift at age 30.
My current plan (a very vague one) is:
Date: April 8 - 16, 2017.
Destination: Just one country, Germany OR Netherlands OR Belgium OR Finland OR Sweden OR Switzerland
Theme: Enjoy local life, food, scenery. (NO SHOPPING!)
I have no interest in enjoying 4/5-star restaurant/hotel, just want to live in a local lifestyle. However, I am a photo enthusiast and hope to have many good photos.
My current problem is:
1. If I visit a big country, then it may take hours to move among cities. I want to avoid the waste of time.
2. I am not afraid of cold weather, but I don’t like cloudy day.
3. A destination with a mixture of cityscape and nature would be great.
Would you please share your opinion on which country to choose? I also plan for a parachute jump but this is easy once my destination is decided.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 5 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 tickets for Wimbledon
- 9 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 10 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 11 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 14 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 15 Italy in January?
- 16 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Piedmont question
- 22 Insurance on rental car options
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary